• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I sold to a cop but wasn't arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvymtlgurl

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I was with a friend that sold some pot to a cop like 4 months ago but I didn't touch the pot or the money, I was just in the car and I wasn't arrested. Now he wants my help to bust some other people. He said that if I help him it won't go on my record. Do I have to help him?

hvymtlgurl

sold to a cop but wasn't arrested

I didn't think that he could charge me since it was so long ago... i was also told that cops don't have the athority to make deals to help you to help them. It also took place in a different county, also he said that i only have to get one person to make a deal 2 or 3 times.

CdwJava

hvymtlgurl said:
I didn't think that he could charge me since it was so long ago... i was also told that cops don't have the athority to make deals to help you to help them. It also took place in a different county, also he said that i only have to get one person to make a deal 2 or 3 times.
It's entirely up to you.

You can help out, or, you can wait to see if charges will be filed. It is likely they have one year or more to file charges against you depending on what they can hit you with.

My recommendation would be to speak with an attorney before making any such deal.

- Carl

CdwJava

hvymtlgurl said:
Will attornys keep the information that i give them completely confidetial?? Where would I get one?? :confused:
They are supposed to.

And you can find attorneys in the Yellow Pages of the phone book.

- Carl

CALIF-LAWPRO23

CdwJava said:
They are supposed to.

MY RESPONSE: Good one, Carl. It's nice to see you have such confidence in us. Actually, we tell our client's stories to anyone and everyone who'll listen - - even beat cops.

And you can find attorneys in the Yellow Pages of the phone book.

- Carl

MY RESPONSE: Another good one, Carl. Now, if I had said that, I would have been kicked in the teeth by the writer. Only you can get away with such glibness. Congrats!

CALIF-LAWPRO23

hvymtlgurl said:
Thanks for the advise... will keep things posted

My response:

So, you actually needed someone to tell you to "look in the Yellow Pages"?

I've got to learn to keep my responses simpler like that. Even Carl gets away with short, obvious, answers.

Geez. I can't catch a break around here.

IAAL

hvymtlgurl

CALIF-LAWPRO23 said:
My response:

So, you actually needed someone to tell you to "look in the Yellow Pages"?

I've got to learn to keep my responses simpler like that. Even Carl gets away with short, obvious, answers.

Geez. I can't catch a break around here.

IAAL
So do you get off on being rude to people that are trying to help others??

CALIF-LAWPRO23

hvymtlgurl said:
So do you get off on being rude to people that are trying to help others??
My response:

No, only to drug addicts like yourself.

You see, the reason why you needed such an obvious answer is that Carl knows that your brain is fried from all the drugs. You can't take, or understand, complicated concepts.

IAAL

smutlydog

hvymtlgurl said:
What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I was with a friend that sold some pot to a cop like 4 months ago but I didn't touch the pot or the money, I was just in the car and I wasn't arrested. Now he wants my help to bust some other people. He said that if I help him it won't go on my record. Do I have to help him?
Did your friend get arrested? If he did and you didn't then you have a pretty good chance of not ever getting filed on. I was in a similar situation years ago and they never filed on me. My lawyer told me to keep telling them that you need more time and eventually they will leave you alone. He was right.

CdwJava

CALIF-LAWPRO23 said:
They are supposed to.

MY RESPONSE: Good one, Carl. It's nice to see you have such confidence in us. Actually, we tell our client's stories to anyone and everyone who'll listen - - even beat cops.
Do you?

As far as my reply goes, did I impart an untruth? Aren't attorneys supposed to keep these things on the sly?

For the record I can't recall an attorney relating to me things he shouldn't about a client, but I do know of a few instances where it has happened.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">