• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Want to Know How to Deal With This!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bdogg241980

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? mississippi

I recently got arrested the other night at my home. I was outside locking up my truck. There was a guy I thought was a mexican and he asked me if I knew where he could get something well I asked what he was talking about and he said it again with a diffrent look on his face and said he was going home to drink a beer and relax. Then I knew what he was talking about I told him it was to late to find anything in here im in a trailor park you can ride around and find what you are looking for if you ask the right people. I dont do anything and told him I didnt have anything then after talking for a few seconds I remembered that I had some soma muscle relaxers inside so I told him he could have them if he wanted them I went in and got them and gave them to him and he tried to give me money for them and I said I didnt want it. I gave him about 8 or 9 because I didnt need them and they were not prescribed to me they were gave to me from someone else awhile back for when I hurt my back. Its my body I dont need to go to the doctor and give them money I dont have when someone can give you something to take. Now I dont even take the medicine the doctor gives me for pain I put it up and it stays there.. After a few seconds of me giving them to him I got slammed on the ground and handcuffed.. The charge was synthetic narcotics (Distrib) which is a felony that I dont need. I have never been in trouble for anything like this and im 29 im just one of those gullable people if I can do something for you then I will If I have something Thats just me.. At the police station they told me that there was a deal on the table if I snitch out 3 people random to knock the charge down. Now this is the problem there someone on the other side told another person that I got arrested and why I got arrested when no one seen me get arrested and I told no one about the what happened that night.. Im a single father with 2 kids here and I dont think I want someone thinking I snitched on them to save my ass when it will wind me up getting killed or my kids so Im just going to go to court and deal with this.. I want to know if soma is a narcotic I know it was not my prescription but people gets stuff from others all the time when they need it. And if they can stick me with that charge. I cannot afford an attorney so im pretty much screwed for being gulliable..and we all know the judge deals with the cops and can do anything they want

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? mississippi

I recently got arrested the other night at my home. I was outside locking up my truck. There was a guy I thought was a mexican and he asked me if I knew where he could get something well I asked what he was talking about and he said it again with a diffrent look on his face and said he was going home to drink a beer and relax. Then I knew what he was talking about I told him it was to late to find anything in here im in a trailor park you can ride around and find what you are looking for if you ask the right people. I dont do anything and told him I didnt have anything then after talking for a few seconds I remembered that I had some soma muscle relaxers inside so I told him he could have them if he wanted them I went in and got them and gave them to him and he tried to give me money for them and I said I didnt want it. I gave him about 8 or 9 because I didnt need them and they were not prescribed to me they were gave to me from someone else awhile back for when I hurt my back. Its my body I dont need to go to the doctor and give them money I dont have when someone can give you something to take. Now I dont even take the medicine the doctor gives me for pain I put it up and it stays there.. After a few seconds of me giving them to him I got slammed on the ground and handcuffed.. The charge was synthetic narcotics (Distrib) which is a felony that I dont need. I have never been in trouble for anything like this and im 29 im just one of those gullable people if I can do something for you then I will If I have something Thats just me.. At the police station they told me that there was a deal on the table if I snitch out 3 people random to knock the charge down. Now this is the problem there someone on the other side told another person that I got arrested and why I got arrested when no one seen me get arrested and I told no one about the what happened that night.. Im a single father with 2 kids here and I dont think I want someone thinking I snitched on them to save my ass when it will wind me up getting killed or my kids so Im just going to go to court and deal with this.. I want to know if soma is a narcotic I know it was not my prescription but people gets stuff from others all the time when they need it. And if they can stick me with that charge. I cannot afford an attorney so im pretty much screwed for being gulliable..and we all know the judge deals with the cops and can do anything they want
You were dealing a schedule IV drug, brace for impact. If you are truly indigent then you will qualify for a public defender.

FlyingRon

You're not screwed for being gullible, you're screwed for breaking the law (and obviously having a total disregard therefore). Using other prescriptions and dispensing them to others is not legal at all. Even giving away illegal drugs is distribution. Listen to your PD when you get one. This is not a trivial amount of trouble.

bdogg241980

You're not screwed for being gullible, you're screwed for breaking the law (and obviously having a total disregard therefore). Using other prescriptions and dispensing them to others is not legal at all. Even giving away illegal drugs is distribution. Listen to your PD when you get one. This is not a trivial amount of trouble.

And yet yes I did break the law I dont think there is anyone perfect in this world as you are not sometimes in your life you have broke the law and yet you still have not helped me any besides giving me your opinion that dont mean nothing to me im not perfect but damned wtf? Are you judging me I asked a question this isnt my damned court date look at yourself before you decide to say something

FlyingRon

Please do not use profanity here even in abbreviated form.

I'm not judging you. I was rebutting your incorrect statements. That is common procedure. Unless you look at your situation frankly rather than in the deluded self-pitying "I didn't do anything wrong" aspect of your first post, you'll not be able to figure anything out on your case.

I gave you the ONLY advice we can at this distance, get a lawyer (PD or otherwise). This is not a trivial situation.

Yelling insults at the senior board members will not likely get you any further assistance. This is not the "Free Tell Me Everything Is Going to Be OK" board.

Possessing prescription drugs not prescribed to you is a crime and barring knowing just what exactly they were and what the quantites are, I can't tell you what you're up against, but for more than one pill, just possession is likely a felony and you're looking at the possibility of prisons.

Distributing such (even for free) is a felony and you're looking at many years.

Any mitigtation or other strategies will have to be dealt with by a lawyer.

I can't sugar coat it; this is an ugly situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">