• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If Marijuana is legalized, will the drug offenders stay in jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I just happened to run across some information regarding this. So, your claim is meth came about due to the drug wars and it was created because MJ wasn't as available as you believe it should be.

A very interesting fact I read. Meth was created in 1893, yes 18 93. That is 117 years ago and crystal meth was created 26 years later. So, that means cystal meth has been around for longer than any poster on this forum (with the possible exception of Sr. judge:D), 91 years.

Yep, I guess they created it to replace the elusive MJ.

here is an interesting history of meth

The History of Crystal Meth

Notice it states that crystal meth rose to prominence starting in the '60's. Now, I don't know how old any of you are but my preteen and early teen years were during the 60's and for some reason, I do not remember any shortage of MJ.

So, what was this about it was created to replace the hard to come by MJ?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that was before "the War on Drugs" became the war on drugs.
Forgive my poor word choices. I didn't mean the drugs were invented merely because of the drug war, I meant their popularity blossomed because of the drug war. Were cocaine and heroin available as they used to be, no one would've seen the need to cultivate and distribute a more harmful substitute.

New drugs are invented all the time. There's a subset of the drug using population that's now experimenting with research chemicals. Why? Because chemists can create legal drugs with potentially therapeutic benefits that mimic illegal drugs' effects. Certain companies (usually overseas) pick this up and run with it and then market it as 'incense' and other nonsense. People are taking these drugs and we have no clue what they actually do to the human body. That's a big problem, and it's only a problem because people want to get high and the government won't let them because a man needed more votes in the 70's.

You are welcome to keep picking at my facts as much as you like, you are welcome to get as pedantic as you like, it doesn't change the facts or the way society, or man, works.

The Drug War is a disaster and it's ruining society right before our very eyes. All you have to do is look at the government's own statistics to see how much crime and drug use has increased since its inception.

PS. I'm female.

Forgive my poor word choices. I didn't mean the drugs were invented merely because of the drug war, I meant their popularity blossomed because of the drug war. Were cocaine and heroin available as they used to be, no one would've seen the need to cultivate and distribute a more harmful substitute.

New drugs are invented all the time. There's a subset of the drug using population that's now experimenting with research chemicals. Why? Because chemists can create legal drugs with potentially therapeutic benefits that mimic illegal drugs' effects. Certain companies (usually overseas) pick this up and run with it and then market it as 'incense' and other nonsense. People are taking these drugs and we have no clue what they actually do to the human body. That's a big problem, and it's only a problem because people want to get high and the government won't let them because a man needed more votes in the 70's.

You are welcome to keep picking at my facts as much as you like, you are welcome to get as pedantic as you like, it doesn't change the facts or the way society, or man, works.

The Drug War is a disaster and it's ruining society right before our very eyes. All you have to do is look at the government's own statistics to see how much crime and drug use has increased since its inception.

PS. I'm female.
Pedantic is perfect ;) lol

I knew you were too intelligent and articulate to have made that leap. Thanks for the clarification.

justalayman

AnotherMoron;2613592]Forgive my poor word choices. I didn't mean the drugs were invented merely because of the drug war, I meant their popularity blossomed because of the drug war. Were cocaine and heroin available as they used to be, no one would've seen the need to cultivate and distribute a more harmful substitute.
and that is still wrong. Since meth use blossomed in the '60's, when cocaine and LSD were at their most abundant, your claim makes no sense. Meth use blossomed because it was able to me made at home and it had a very high rate of return compared to investment.

In other words, there was a lot of money to be made from meth and any Tom Dick or Harry could make it in his kitchen. It simply meant that one person could be manufacturer and supplier. They got all the profits and the profits were large. In simpler terms; it was the better mouse trap.

it isn't a point of being pedantic, it is that your claims (at least concerning meth) are simply incorrect.

still waiting for those dependable statistics. So far I have stevens claim that 1 in 3 Americans use MJ (supposedly based on government sources) and there were less than 100,000 pot smokers when this "war" was declared,( also supposedly from government sources).

and then there was this, which you posted:

Heroin and cocaine addiction has hovered at about 1.3% of the population regardless of the legality of said substances. In other words, before the drug war 1.3% of the population was addicted to cocaine and heroin when it was as simple as buying off the pharmacy shelf. After the drug war 1.3% of the population is addicted to heroin and cocaine
why would heroin and cocaine use remain so steady if overall drug use has escalated as you claim?

PS. I'm female.
I don't think any less of you due to that.

and that is still wrong. Since meth use blossomed in the '60's, when cocaine and LSD were at their most abundant, your claim makes no sense. Meth use blossomed because it was able to me made at home and it had a very high rate of return compared to investment.

In other words, there was a lot of money to be made from meth and any Tom Dick or Harry could make it in his kitchen. It simply meant that one person could be manufacturer and supplier. They got all the profits and the profits were large. In simpler terms; it was the better mouse trap.

it isn't a point of being pedantic, it is that your claims (at least concerning meth) are simply incorrect.

still waiting for those dependable statistics. So far I have stevens claim that 1 in 3 Americans use MJ (supposedly based on government sources) and there were less than 100,000 pot smokers when this "war" was declared,( also supposedly from government sources).

and then there was this, which you posted:

why would heroin and cocaine use remain so steady if overall drug use has escalated as you claim?

I don't think any less of you due to that.
Oh for crying out loud. Really?

Ok, look, exercise some reading comprehension, please, because I honestly don't have the time or inclination to do your learning for you.

Drug use does not equal drug addiction. Drug use has increased, addiction rates have not.

You've missed my other points so completely and spectacularly that I really don't see a point in continuing this discourse with you any further. If you want to believe I have no idea what I'm talking about, knock yourself out! I have a business to run and a degree to complete and I can no longer devote anymore time to showing you how harmful and wasteful this ineffective drug war has been on society.

Oh for crying out loud. Really?

Ok, look, exercise some reading comprehension, please, because I honestly don't have the time or inclination to do your learning for you.

Drug use does not equal drug addiction. Drug use has increased, addiction rates have not.

You've missed my other points so completely and spectacularly that I really don't see a point in continuing this discourse with you any further. If you want to believe I have no idea what I'm talking about, knock yourself out! I have a business to run and a degree to complete and I can no longer devote anymore time to showing you how harmful and wasteful this ineffective drug war has been on society.
He is quite remarkable in his abilities. One might think he has no access to the internet whatsoever.. yet here he is.

justalayman

He is quite remarkable in his abilities. One might think he has no access to the internet whatsoever.. yet here he is.
What is the most humorous is that although moron and I have very differing views, at least moron brings a reasonable attempt to present her point. You are like the little sidekick kid that stands and watches the fight his bigger friend is in and says things like;

ya, that's it. Kick his ass.

Boy, my friend it going to whip your ass.

all the while being impotent and being unable to actually do anything yourself. I hope you enjoy the role of toady because you have proven that is your forte`.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">