• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this illegal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ConceredParent9

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I need to know if it is illegal for a parent to ignore known drug use, drug possession and or parafenalia.

There is a young man whose father simply turns and looks away when he knows his minor son is smoking pot, in possession of drugs or has parafenalia in their home. In fact, the father knows some people feel he is dealing, but he refuses to take any action. Allows minors to smoke pot in his house and ignore all illegal behavior.

Does this make him guilty of possession since he allows it? Is this child abuse to let this happen and not do anything?

There must be someway to hold this man accountable? I am very concerned about this young man.

CdwJava

If you are concerned, call the police or child services.

The father could conceivably be charged with neglect of some kind, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, etc. - subject to the particulars of WA state law.

How do you know this is happening? What is your relationship to the parties involved?

- Carl

FlyingRon

If you know drugs and/or paraphernalia are in YOUR home. You could be convicted with possession yourself. "Those are my kids" is not a defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">