• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal possesion charge when i had nothing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnjohnjohn

this happened in the city of NEW YORK. So some detectives came out of their car while i was hanging out in front of my friends house smoking a cigarette. Now i did smoke some weed hours ago, but that was hours ago and we had no evidence on us, however they told me to get out of the car cuz they said they saw us smoking when we werent. They checked my car and the area around and found absolultey nothing. They gave me a summons ticket stating exactly " illegal possesion of marijuana" Now my question is do i have a chance to fight this in court.? They asked us if we smoked and we told them honestly that we did but it was earlier in the day and we were just smoking cigarettes in front of my friends house. They found abvsolutely no marijuana no pipes but some cigar guts which wasnt even ours around the area. Is this enough evidence to have me convicted of anything?

Based on that evidence, no, you could not be convicted. But at this point you don't know what the cops' side of the story is. Maybe they saw you throw a roach out of the car, then you admitted it was yours.

Why the hell did you admit to the cops that you had been smoking weed? If you want to keep yourself from being charged with crimes, you should consider not confessing to them. I bet you told the cops they could search your car too?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">