• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm not really sure..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firefly85

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

A few weeks ago i was given a citation for possessing drug paraphernalia (a bong with residue). A "friend" who is no longer someone i associate with gave the police a picture of me holding it with smoke in the chamber. There was no evidence in the picture of marijuana being present nor did i have any in my possession when the bong was confiscated. The police confiscated the bong and gave me a court date. Which is in two weeks. I've never been in trouble before for anything and i'm kinda nervous about what could happen to me. I understand i will have to pay court costs and probably a fine but what are other things that a judge could give me for this? I haven't smoked since the day before i was given the citation so if i'm tested i should pass. I think i'm mostly concerned with probation or possibly getting jail time. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

A few weeks ago i was given a citation for possessing drug paraphernalia (a bong with residue). A "friend" who is no longer someone i associate with gave the police a picture of me holding it with smoke in the chamber. There was no evidence in the picture of marijuana being present nor did i have any in my possession when the bong was confiscated. The police confiscated the bong and gave me a court date. Which is in two weeks. I've never been in trouble before for anything and i'm kinda nervous about what could happen to me. I understand i will have to pay court costs and probably a fine but what are other things that a judge could give me for this? I haven't smoked since the day before i was given the citation so if i'm tested i should pass. I think i'm mostly concerned with probation or possibly getting jail time. Any advice would be appreciated.
So you could be facing probation or jail time depending on the level of the offense. I don't think this is a minor misdeamnor (traffic ticket) but rather an actual misdemeanor and you can serve time. You don't need to be tested. If they test the bong, it will most likely have residue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">