• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incarceration/drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kianasmama

i'm writting from hawaii where my boyfriend has just begun his incarceration. he was sentenced on two counts, count 1, promoting a dangerous drug in the third degree and count 2, unlawful use of drug paraphanelia. counts 1 and 2 he was given 5 years each to run concurrent; mandatory minimum 30 days as to count 1. is it possible for him to be in a residential treatment program instead of prison? if not then what can be done to lessen his time. i appreciate any help or suggestions you can give.

W

will5673

Wow...

He's definately in a lot of trouble... Find a new boyfriend !!

O

outofideas

He may end up completing what they call transitional services as a condition of his supervised release.....there are programs that he could get into which are based upon his release date....one is the 500-Residential Drug Abuse Program....he has to meet certain criteria in his sentencing and background to be elibible for this program...unfortunatley the most this program gives is up to a year off his projected release date....Have him talk to his case manager about these programs. I am uncertain as to whether Hawaii is an RDAP facility as it is a very new facility....assuming this is Federal. I work in a federal prison....and ironically work the RDAP unit.

The program is alot of work....but does alot of good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">