• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(Indiana)Marijuana Possetion probation violated with MIP, what happens?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Icculus88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law): Indiana

Well the police walked into my apt one day while i was smoking with friends and i had a clean record so i took the blame for it all. I was put on a deferral program with 1 year unsupervised probation. I went to court last friday and on that saturday i was frisbee golfing and a park officer gave us all MC (minor consumption). i blew a .033. my probation states that i will not ingest any alcohol or any other substances. I am 20 years old. Can i get this dropped or am i ****ed?

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law): Indiana

Well the police walked into my apt one day while i was smoking with friends and i had a clean record so i took the blame for it all. I was put on a deferral program with 1 year unsupervised probation. I went to court last friday and on that saturday i was frisbee golfing and a park officer gave us all MC (minor consumption). i blew a .033. my probation states that i will not ingest any alcohol or any other substances. I am 20 years old. Can i get this dropped or am i ****ed?
You screwed yourself by violating the terms of your deferral program. Your deferral program is now over, and you'll go to Court on the MIC charge and on the Possession of Marijuana charge.

Icculus88

I havent even had my evaluation for the probation yet. I wont see jail time will i? I mean i got caught with .3 grams of marijuana in november and blew a .03, is there any leniency there?

CdwJava

Why should they show leniency? You have effectively flipped the bird at the justice system that gave you a free pass with the deferral ... and now you expect them to give you another break?!

They might do so ... but, in my opinion, they shouldn't.

If you DO get another chance, thank your lucky stars, flush all remaining dope, and stay away from alcohol - it IS possible, ya know.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">