• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ingestion of Controlled Substance (Marijuana) and Resisting Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jacknorton

I have been charged with ingestion of controlled substance (in this case Marijuana) and for resisting arrest in North Dakota. This is my very first offence. I am a non-resident alien working legally in the US. I am also a Canadian citizen. I want both these charges off my record.

In this case, after smoking marijuana, I felt vulnerable and anxious about my health. So I called 911 for help. When the cops arrived, I told them I had smoked Marijuana. They did not find any Marijuana in my possession whatsoever. I was not subject to any urine or blood tests. They took me to a hospital for check up and then to the jail.

Kindly advise if it is possible to get this cleared off my record. Your help is greatly appreciated.

FlyingRon

You need a lawyer. There are obvious things missing from this story. Do not talk to anybody without your attorney present.

You need to worry about not getting this ON your record before you worry about getting it off. A minor marijuana possession conviction you might get off your record, the resisting arrest you will NOT.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">