• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inmates Writing Directly 2 Eachother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dart_fast

Hi , not sure if im in the right place here, but im needing to know what the laws are on inmates writing to eachother , i know they dont allow it in most cases , unless the inmates are married , but what about common law marriage , will that hold up ? and also someone told me its ok for inmates to write back and forth if they are being charged of the same crime? Really im needing a URL of a site i can research , if anyone knows of a place , im having trouble finding anything.

I

IsawNothing

WHat state are you in? Is it a Federal Prison or County Jail?

i8maliki

I can't see how this could be illegal although it is very slick!!!
Prison mail is supposed to be monitored so if the fact that the address is another prison or the same prison and they don't notice than they are idiots!

I

IsawNothing

Im sure all jails are different but in our county jail you are not allowed to pass notes, its considered contraband. You can however write a letter and have it sent through regular mail, it will then be redilivered and screened by officers, thats the policy. But no, you cant pass notes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">