• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intent to deliver/Contempt to deliver a small quantity of cocaine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mikalus

The Police allege that i served an undercover police officer once. He states that i gave him crack cocaine equally twenty dollars. He gave me a 20 dollar bill that the officer states was marked. Then they arrested me. They found the drugs in the alley way but they never found the mark money. Since they didnt find the mark money can't one infer that they gave the money to someone else and not me? What i am really trying to say is how will they explain to the jury where the mark money went. Is the undercover cop as a witness enough to convict of this crime?

HomeGuru

The money is not the issue. You are guilty of the crime.
If the officer paid for the drugs by way of Pokemon trading cards, you would still be guilty.

calatty

What it comes down to is if the prosecutor can convince the jury that it was you even though the marked money was not found, or if your attorney can convince the jury that it wasn't you based on you not having the marked money.

C

curtisd

this is kind of strange-they found the dope but not the cash?it seems to me you stashed the wrong item

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">