• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intent to Deliver - Paraphernalia already on probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marie B

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
My friend's son was arrested last week in what seemed to be a drug raid in his home he shared with three other 19 year olds. He was charged with -
Possession of drugs (marijuana)
Possession of drugs (pills - unknown)
Drugs-Delivery
Drugs-Intent to Deliver
Drugs-Paraphernalia

He was on probation at the time for an underage drinking charge (he's 19) and has 5-6 other traffic violations (following too closely, etc.).

Will he face jail time, if any?What is the name of your state?

FlyingRon

I agree with PJ. Not only is jail likely on the new felonies, but the violation of probation opens up the possibility that he'd spend time on that (or any suspended sentence from whatever his original charge was).

He needs a good lawyer. He also needs to turn his life around. He's obviously a 19, not going to make it as a professional criminal.

Marie B

Thanks for the info

I found out today that the parents of this child are going to let him move back into the house he was living in with three other 19 year olds....originally the landlord was going to evict, but has raised the rent and is making them repair the damages and let them stay.

SO....I think the criminals here are also the parents (who don't want to deal with this kid at all)....who will not provide this child direction, love, meals, etc. I agree, there is a future as a criminal....I blame the parents in this case. Tough love is what I had and it worked!

FlyingRon

A 19 year old is an adult. While you can blame his parents for bringing him up wrong, they aren't responsible for what he's doing now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">