• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intent to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DONJUAN23

California- South Bay

I have recently been informed by my manager that the sheriff has been calling to inquire about "drug dealers" that live in my apartment...
I am a legal Medical Marijuana User and i do keep between 1/2 oz - 1oz in the house, along with a scale to measure out my dosages.
i admit that in the past i may have provided for a few people that did not have prescriptions, but since finding out that i might be under surveillance, i won't risk it...

My question is, what can they legally do?
I have noticed an increased amount of police activity on my block. and would hate for them to kick down my door and for me to get arrested.

What grounds do they need to have either a search warrant or an arrest warrant?

cyjeff

California- South Bay

I have recently been informed by my manager that the sheriff has been calling to inquire about "drug dealers" that live in my apartment...
I am a legal Medical Marijuana User and i do keep between 1/2 oz - 1oz in the house, along with a scale to measure out my dosages.
i admit that in the past i may have provided for a few people that did not have prescriptions, but since finding out that i might be under surveillance, i won't risk it...
Oh, so you WERE a drug dealer.

My question is, what can they legally do?
They can start by removing your ability to possess medical pot.

I have noticed an increased amount of police activity on my block. and would hate for them to kick down my door and for me to get arrested.
Then I would have avoided selling drugs.

What grounds do they need to have either a search warrant or an arrest warrant?
Probable cause...

DONJUAN23

I may have been a drug dealer.... in the past

What constitutes probable cause...
Hand to Hand exchanges...
Testimony from somebody snitching?
what else constitutes PC?
Since the new year i have gotten a real job at the university across town and would like it if my previous errors did not catch up to me.

What can i do?
what will they do?
besides the removal of my MMJ prescription?
I really dont wanna have my door kicked in.
Like i said no baggies or large amounts of small bills are kept in my house...
So if they do come in, they will find my prescription and maybe a 1/2oz of bud...

PS: i think i know the answer, but is telling a friend of mine that is a cop that i am no longer involved in selling a good idea?

outonbail

If they have an informant who claims you're dealing they will conduct surveillance on your residence. If the detective watching you believes there are too many people coming and going at your residence, they will obtain a warrant and kick your door in.

Having the scale is not a good idea and if/when your residence is searched, the scale will be seized and used as evidence of sales.

I've never heard anyone claim they had to weigh their marijuana dosage before now,,,, thanks for the laugh!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">