• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intent to sell question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jchartier

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Ok well on 8/31/2012, 3 cops showed up to my house on suspicion of narcotics being sold out of my household. I am 16, and when they searched my room, they found 1 Tupperware that i kept some of my weed and pipes and such. It had not even three grams in it, but there was 4 containers each containing a little bit of weed in each. when they found that, they said it looks like i was selling. They kept searching and found 9 more grams of weed, a scale, and a pipe. Then they started talking **** asking how much i sold it for and what not. I kept saying it was for personal use, because it is.

So in total they found about 11-12 grams of weed, a scale, empty bags from old buys, 3 pipes, and a lighter.

The cops had cuffed me but NEVER read me my rights. They talked with me and my mom, and after a while of talking, they turned me over to her. They didnt write a citation or anything, just the police report. The cop said he has to send the report to the district attorney, and then he has no control over whether or not he pursues it. BUT, the cop said he was gonna recommend he does not pursue it. The cop said he was gonna come back whenever he wants to and will drug test me, and if i fail it i will go to jail.

So what im wondering is what are the chances of me getting charged? I have not signed anything or received anything. And what are the chances of the cop coming back? Is that even legal for him to come back to drug test me? What if i refuse to take the test? And what can he charge me with if i piss dirty since im not on probation or anything of that sorts?

Its been 5 weeks, and i havent heard anything yet. Should i contact the court house or something?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">