• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Investigating a workplace with suspected drug activity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JohnDanzJr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I know of at least two people at my local McDonald's restaurant who not only smoke weed on the job, but deal it after their shift on the premises. I have seen them smoking it on break, so obviously the managers are permissive of it.

Is it legal to ask a police officer to investigate the workplace for drugs or contact them regarding the matter? This McDonald's has no drug screening prior to employment. I just think it's disgusting that employees are getting high while serving people food.

justalayman

well, it is something anybody faced with such a situation must weigh for themselves. While it is not illegal, how you go about it could cause problems for you, the reporter.

Most drug users and dealers do not take kindly to being reported to the police. They sometimes take retaliatory action against the informant.

So, what ever you do, just be careful to be aware of any problems that might arise and protect yourself.

what is dumb is using your real name for your screen name.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I know of at least two people at my local McDonald's restaurant who not only smoke weed on the job, but deal it after their shift on the premises. I have seen them smoking it on break, so obviously the managers are permissive of it.

Is it legal to ask a police officer to investigate the workplace for drugs or contact them regarding the matter? This McDonald's has no drug screening prior to employment. I just think it's disgusting that employees are getting high while serving people food.
Don't worry: they aren't. They're serving McDonald's. Not food.

;)

DwyerSTC

Personally, I would leave the pot smoker alone. I suppose selling at a McDonald's is not very cool though. I used to sell pot out of the Burger King drive-thru when I was in high school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">