• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Iowa Drug Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JH

last month the car i was riding in was pulled over and searched in orange city, iowa. they found a joint, pipe, and roach clip that belonged to me. the cops said i was staying the night in jail and took me into custody. they read me my rights after i had been at the jail for 15-20 minutes. they screwed up on my paraphenelia ticket and wrote the wrong thing under the vehicle identification number. can i fight this? also, they sent me my court date on saturday and court is thursday. and, the plea agreement came today, monday. is this right? the plea is for a year probation, two days in jail, $1000 in fines and six months without a license. how can they do this? it seems like i'm getting the book thrown at me. plus, i live in nebraska and have to travel four hours to iowa in a very undependable car.

L

lawrat

Their mistakes don't sound too horrible. So, get yourself a criminal defense attorney and go from there.

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">