• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jobs after expunging a felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dtrain2

I am in Kansas and I have recently had a felony expunged from my record. My charge was 'Conspiracy to Distribute Marijuana'. I have been told that even though this was taken off my record, there are still some places that can access this information. I am wondering what jobs I would still have to disclose this information to. I was thinking about applying to be an Emergency Services Dispatcher because the pay is pretty good. I am wondering if previously having this felony will prohibit me from getting this job and also, what other places I may not be hired because of it.

ERAUPIKE

I am in Kansas and I have recently had a felony expunged from my record. My charge was 'Conspiracy to Distribute Marijuana'. I have been told that even though this was taken off my record, there are still some places that can access this information. I am wondering what jobs I would still have to disclose this information to. I was thinking about applying to be an Emergency Services Dispatcher because the pay is pretty good. I am wondering if previously having this felony will prohibit me from getting this job and also, what other places I may not be hired because of it.
Government agencies can see your expunged record. Anyone else needs a court order and a damn good reason.

dave33

Regardless. Not 100% sure about Kansas, but in many states it is legal and proper to answer any felony question with a NO. goodluck.

smutlydog

In Texas is depends on the Government agency. The job you are applying for is is linked to law enforcement so that file may be exposed.

Son of Slam

Marijuana farms in Northern California require this information from harvesters seeking employment at harvest time. They feel it's a matter of safety.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">