• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunshine1711

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

ok, so 2 weeks ago, my friend got pulled over and charged with a felony dui because the car smelled of weed and he had about 45 pills on him. the cops took him and his friend to the station and began interrogating them about where they get their weed from. his friend told him that he buys it from my boyfriend and then gave him my address. they kept my friends phone as 'evidence' in an investigation and my friend over heard the officers saying that they are now going to watch my house. im just wondering if like the cops can come in and search my house or if i can get in trouble. my boyfriend doesnt sell anymore, could he be charged for selling it previously?

Banned_Princess

DO NOT SPEAK TO THE POLICE ABOUT THIS.

If they search the car or the home with or without a warrant, that is a clue it is time for a lawyer.

As long as your BF doesn't deal or deal with the drugs anymore, then you shouldn't be worried the cops are watching you.

For the life of me, I dont understand why so many people like to talk themselves and their friends into jail... when all you have to do is remain silent...

If they decide to, theyve been given probably more than enough for probable cause to get a search warrant.

They could charge him for the past, but I doubt they will. The whole key is having enough evidence to make a felony stick through prelim... that requires a showing of probability that a crime happened and it was this defendant who did it. I wouldnt be suprised if they dont have that NOW (much more concerning than the past) with the quantity of pills, buddys statements, and weed... that could very well stick through prelim and then they can put the screws to you for a stiff plea.

Last edited:

sunshine1711

well the pills had nothing to do with us. that was all my friends doing/having. the cops told him that my house was a "known drug house" even though its not really, because we have never had any trouble with the police here. however, last summer my boyfriend was selling weed out of here. although he no longer does, i just want to know if they could be like "well he did sell weed, so now hes in trouble" you know?

Banned_Princess

well the pills had nothing to do with us. that was all my friends doing/having. the cops told him that my house was a "known drug house" even though its not really, because we have never had any trouble with the police here. however, last summer my boyfriend was selling weed out of here. although he no longer does, i just want to know if they could be like "well he did sell weed, so now hes in trouble" you know?
Just because you've never had trouble with the police at your house, doesn't mean they didn't know all about what was going on.

Lots of times, something like that might come up in an investigation a time or two in the past.

They know alot more then you think.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">