• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile 1st time offense but innocent? OH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chantelle90

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO

My little brother was arrested last night, for drug possession. He had on him, crack/cocaine and marijuana. The only problem is that the crack/cocaine was not his. Heres the story of what happened:

Yesterday was my little brothers birthday, so my cousin decided to take him and get him something for it (a gift). On the way to my cousin's house, my little brother bought a small nickel bag of marijuana from a friend of his and put in inside of his sock. Inside of my cousins car was his friend, lets call him P. When my little brother got in the back seat, P gave him a black bag and told him to hold it for him. My brother, being the naive newly 14 yr old he is, did what he said without question. It just so happened that my cousins back tail light was out, and the cops pulled them over. I'm not completely sure as to the total details of how the crack/cocaine was found, but it was found in the hands of my little brother. The messed up part is that, my cousin, while admitting that the drugs did not belong to my little brother, or to himself, will not say that they belonged to P. I'm not even entirely sure whether or not my little brother will be charged for possession of the stuff, his court date is not until this morning. I do know that in the state of Ohio, he will only get a fine for the marijuana, but I do not know what he should do as far as the crack/cocaine goes. Any little advice would help:eek:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Some Random Guy

Possession is not ownership. If you are holding drugs for somebody else then you are possessing them. Your brother could argue that he did not know that there were drugs in there, but even a 14 year old should have have a clue that holding somebody else's bag is out of the ordinary for non-criminals.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO

My little brother was arrested last night, for drug possession. He had on him, crack/cocaine and marijuana. The only problem is that the crack/cocaine was not his. Heres the story of what happened:

Yesterday was my little brothers birthday, so my cousin decided to take him and get him something for it (a gift). On the way to my cousin's house, my little brother bought a small nickel bag of marijuana from a friend of his and put in inside of his sock. Inside of my cousins car was his friend, lets call him P. When my little brother got in the back seat, P gave him a black bag and told him to hold it for him. My brother, being the naive newly 14 yr old he is, did what he said without question. It just so happened that my cousins back tail light was out, and the cops pulled them over. I'm not completely sure as to the total details of how the crack/cocaine was found, but it was found in the hands of my little brother. The messed up part is that, my cousin, while admitting that the drugs did not belong to my little brother, or to himself, will not say that they belonged to P. I'm not even entirely sure whether or not my little brother will be charged for possession of the stuff, his court date is not until this morning. I do know that in the state of Ohio, he will only get a fine for the marijuana, but I do not know what he should do as far as the crack/cocaine goes. Any little advice would help:eek:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
So how much crack was he possessing? Has he been in trouble before?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">