• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile cocaine posession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenatureboy420

What is the name of your state? Michigan

After going down a long path of serious drug abuse, it all ended tonight for my step brother. Him and two friends were driving around 1am, and they were pulled over for a broken headlight (dumb decision to drive). Things looked a little sketchy to the officer, so he decided to search the car (kids gave up the right to deny a search under the threat of drug dogs coming)

One kid had 2 grams of weed on him, he was told to throw it on the ground, and the officer just stepped on it and ground it all up.

The driver was given three tickets, expired registration, broken headlight, and no insurance.

For some reason, since he is a minor (16), the officers told him that they werent going to search him. I dont know why, but he decided to ditch a razor blade (used for cocaine preparation), so he threw it, and an officer saw him. After searching him, they found two seperate bags of cocaine, totalling around 2 grams. He was taken to jail for the night, and may stay longer.

Although he has made bad decisions, I'm very scared for him and would like some info.

1. Since he is 16 years old, what type of sentence will he be looking at? Its his first offense. I did a quick search on the internet, but couldnt find a good source.

2. The coke was found with all the necessary instruments for using it, like a blade and a rolled up bill with a little coke left on the end. My step brother was also obviously on it when they took him in. Will this affect his sentence at all?

Shay-Pari'e

thenatureboy420 said:

After going down a long path of serious drug abuse, it all ended tonight for my step brother. Him and two friends were driving around 1am, and they were pulled over for a broken headlight (dumb decision to drive). Things looked a little sketchy to the officer, so he decided to search the car (kids gave up the right to deny a search under the threat of drug dogs coming)

One kid had 2 grams of weed on him, he was told to throw it on the ground, and the officer just stepped on it and ground it all up.

The driver was given three tickets, expired registration, broken headlight, and no insurance.

For some reason, since he is a minor (16), the officers told him that they werent going to search him. I dont know why, but he decided to ditch a razor blade (used for cocaine preparation), so he threw it, and an officer saw him. After searching him, they found two seperate bags of cocaine, totalling around 2 grams. He was taken to jail for the night, and may stay longer.

Although he has made bad decisions, I'm very scared for him and would like some info.

1. Since he is 16 years old, what type of sentence will he be looking at? Its his first offense. I did a quick search on the internet, but couldnt find a good source.

2. The coke was found with all the necessary instruments for using it, like a blade and a rolled up bill with a little coke left on the end. My step brother was also obviously on it when they took him in. Will this affect his sentence at all?[

I hate people that can't keep their stories straight.

US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

#1 03-28-2006, 12:15 PM
thenatureboy420
Junior Member Join Date: Jan 2006

Show cause hearing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first offense. After recieving a ticket for "throwing an object from a moving vehicle", the judge ordered me to get a drug test in order to qualify for a one year non reporting probation. The test was supposed to happen within 24 hours of the court date. I went to the place, but wasn't able to urinate. 5 days later, I finally got over my weird mental inability to urinate while being observed, and completed the drug test. In court, I admitted to the judge that I would most likely fail the drug test.

Two days after my court date, I already feared violating the courts orders. I called and talked to the probation department at the court, and they said it shouldn't be a problem, as long as I get the test done as soon as possible.

I have a few questions.

First- Would there be any reason for there to be another drug test? There is actually a small chance I passed the first one, because I drank an enormous amount of water so I would have to go to the bathroom when I went to take the test. If I passed the first one, would the judge suspect I did something to change the results and order a retest? I need to know this because I'm supposed to be going out of town for a funeral, but I wont be able to If i have to stick around for another test.

Second- Are judges ussually pretty reasonable when it comes to things like these? Is there any chance that I will get in major trouble? Or will the matter just be dismissed, since I ended up taking the test.

Thanks

outonbail

thenatureboy420 said:

After going down a long path of serious drug abuse, it all ended tonight for my step brother.
Stepbrother? or is that, "Step brother, wink wink" ?

Him and two friends were driving around 1am, and they were pulled over for a broken headlight (dumb decision to drive).
Drug use and dumb decisions are often related and one will eventually lead to the other. So, which came first in your case, the dumb decision or the drug abuse? Or should I ask, in your step brother's (wink wink) case?

Things looked a little sketchy to the officer, so he decided to search the car
I can only imagine,,,,
(kids gave up the right to deny a search under the threat of drug dogs coming)
The drug dogs are coming, the drug dogs are coming,,,, "Oh My!"
Quick, search the car before they get here,,,, (wipe runny nose here) we have nothing to hide

You certainly seam to know all the details of the event well, almost as if you had been there yourself (wink, wink)

Reading your prior posts, it would appear that making bad decisions is not all that uncommon,,,, for you and now, your step brother (wink, wink)

First offense? Or first time being caught with the white powdery substance as opposed to being caught with just thenatureboy green party favorites? It sounds like your moving on up in the severity and seriousness of your drug involved crimes. This will be met with an increase in the severity and seriousness of the punishment handed down by the court, in a further attempt to lead the horse to clean water. But if the horse still doesn't get it, he better plan on spending some time in the stables with the other slow learning hay smokers.

2. The coke was found with all the necessary instruments for using it, like a blade and a rolled up bill with a little coke left on the end.
Was George Washington smiling?
Again, you sure seem to know all the little details quite well for someone who wasn't personally there,,,
My step brother was also obviously on it when they took him in.
I guess this would explain why things looked a "little sketchy" to the officer who made the initial stop.

Will this affect his sentence at all?
I can only guess,,,, so I guess, YES, it can affect his sentence, although I don't believe it will be a positive influence on the outcome.
But the real concern here is, will the sentence, no matter how lenient or how severe, teach you anything? Or is this going to be another fruitless attempt at setting you straight? Because if you don't make some big changes in the activities your entangled in and some big changes in the type of people your hanging out with, things can and will only get worse from here. How bad will it have to get before you finally see what's happening to you and your future?
This is what you should really be asking yourself,,,, or, asking your step brother (wink, wink)

thenatureboy420

ha ha ha very funny. If this was me, and you look at the content of my previous posts, id have a straight ticket to jail. Im on probation, and within my sentence i was sentenced to a 90 day jail stay for any violations of probation. Also Im pretty sure Ive mentioned in my previous posts that Im 17 years old. It would truly help me a LOT to get the info on a minor (16) being caught with cocaine, where things like jail time wouldnt apply.

And although I know most of the details from a friend who was in the car, I dont know many details, like why he threw the blade, why the car got searched, why he didnt hide the coke etc.

This is all just pretty dumb, if this was me, I would admit it flat out, I dont care. The information that I would gain from this post would in no way help me, since im not a minor, and it would be my 2nd offense, and im on probation.

outonbail

And although I know most of the details from a friend who was in the car, I dont know many details, like why he threw the blade, why the car got searched, why he didnt hide the coke etc.
I can't answer these questions with 100 percent accuracy, since I wasn't there, but I can make a hell of a guess,,, if that does anything for you.

Why did he throw the blade? Well, just prior to the officer searching the first wayward individual, he most likely asked these fine boys if they had any needles or sharp instruments on their person or in they're pockets which he should know about, before he risks a possible slice or puncture to his hands from such items while conducting his search. He may have also mentioned that if they were not truthful and he does end up cutting himself after they lied to him, he will be a very pissed off police officer.
Your step brother initially replied with something like, "No sir, I don't have anything sharp or pointy on me"
Then he remembered the drug tainted razor blade that he was holding for his subsequent nose powder preparations, was still nestled in his pocket. So, while watching the officer rifle through his friends pockets, he thought opportunity was knocking and chose to remove this sharp danger while the officer was seemingly preoccupied. He never thought the officer would notice him digging into his pocket and casually flicking it to the ground, because he also didn't know, that he was not the first person to attempt this stealth like magic trick, but that nearly everyone who has something they don't want discovered in their pockets, pulls the same stunt while they believe the officer is distracted. Hence, like all those people who attempted this move before him, he was wrong, as the officer was watching for this typical behavior. A move he has seen tried hundreds of times by every village idiot who has landed in a similar situation.

Why did the car get searched? What would you expect to happen if you and a couple of your doper friends were cruising the streets in a vehicle at 1 am? A vehicle that was not registered, had an inoperative headlight (i.e. safety equipment) and was not covered with the legally required insurance. A vehicle in which the occupants, by your own admission, were "obviously" under the influence of a controlled substance. Would you expect a simple warning and a goodnight kiss? A friendly, "enjoy your evening boys and remember to get that headlight fixed" type of response from the officer? Or, after being made aware of the facts surrounding the stop, do you think that dwelling on why the vehicle was searched, with their permission, is a fairly stupid coincidental to be puzzled by?
If not, them just accept the fact that the officer's number one concern is his own safety, then not far behind, would come the safety of the public. Knowing these idiots didn't have any concern for the vehicle registration, insurance or safety equipment laws of your state and no concern for the laws which address the posession and use of a controlled substance, it would not be unreasonable to assume that they weren't too concerned with many other state laws either. Like say carrying, concealing or possessing illegal weapons. Searching the car and patting down these hoodlums is a very effective way of determining what threat, if any, they may pose.
I hope my thoughts on this, aid in your solving the big mystery of why they may have been searched.

Why didn't he hide the coke? Well setting aside the fact that he was at the time, busy trying to levitate the razor blade from his pocket to wherever gravity may take it, my guess would be as follows:
For the same reason he was carrying it around, snorting it and driving a vehicle while in violation of several vehicle code laws at 1 am,,, because he's a bonafied, brain dead idiot, who's only concern is where his next high is coming from. This of course, may not be the entire correct answer, just the obvious part and I'm almost surprised that you didn't consider it yourself,,,,, being a role model and everything, in the future, you should really work on trying to find and place the missing pieces of these life puzzles together on your own. You'll find that with a little practice, seeing the obvious, is not so difficult,,,, and in fact, much easier than trying to explain it away in hopes of convincing others to agree with the verdict you wish them to arrive at.

MoneyShot

Given the path your "family" is on, it's obvious you're all from the shallow end of the gene pool and I hope for everyone's sake that some bleach gets poured in real soon. Maybe you and brother will get to share a cell with Bubba soon and maybe get to play drop-the-soap in the shower. Please tell me that none of you have actually reproduced yet....

thenatureboy420

MoneyShot said:
Given the path your "family" is on, it's obvious you're all from the shallow end of the gene pool and I hope for everyone's sake that some bleach gets poured in real soon. Maybe you and brother will get to share a cell with Bubba soon and maybe get to play drop-the-soap in the shower. Please tell me that none of you have actually reproduced yet....
Haha wow... A little harsh!!!

Although I may "smoke dope" I've been pretty successful so far in life. Im on the debate team, and have multiple state championships. Ive maintained a pretty healthy 3.5 GPA, and recieved a 29 on my ACT. I'll be attending an expensive private school in Chicago, most likely majoring in Forensic Science. My parents are both extremely successful, my father holds a very high position in Ford and makes over six figures a year. Every vehicle we own is over $40,000, and we have nice sized houses, and cottages. We live in a very rich area, with great schools.

Im not meaning to brag or something, it just hits me as kind of ridiculous that you would assume that my entire family is messed up, just because I got into a little legal trouble. My step brother is really a different story, but i'm pretty sure this whole incident will teach him a lesson.

Don't make hasty generalizations, and don't act like you know me. Why the hell are you even posting on this site? Its for free legal advice, not gene pool advice.

HomeGuru

thenatureboy420 said:

Although I may "smoke dope" I've been pretty successful so far in life. Im on the debate team, and have multiple state championships. Ive maintained a pretty healthy 3.5 GPA, and recieved a 29 on my ACT. I'll be attending an expensive private school in Chicago, most likely majoring in Forensic Science. My parents are both extremely successful, my father holds a very high position in Ford and makes over six figures a year. Every vehicle we own is over $40,000, and we have nice sized houses, and cottages. We live in a very rich area, with great schools.

Im not meaning to brag or something, it just hits me as kind of ridiculous that you would assume that my entire family is messed up, just because I got into a little legal trouble. My step brother is really a different story, but i'm pretty sure this whole incident will teach him a lesson.

Don't make hasty generalizations, and don't act like you know me. Why the hell are you even posting on this site? Its for free legal advice, not gene pool advice.

**A: oh brother. Do some more drugs and hang.

E

eme76

thenatureboy420 said:

uummm...ssweetie...honey....doll....just because your family has $$$$ dose'nt mean you're not messed up:rolleyes:

gawm

eme76 said:
uummm...ssweetie...honey....doll....just because your family has $$$$ dose'nt mean you're not messed up:rolleyes:
In fact, when people have a lot of $$$$$$ their kids are usually "messed up"!

CdwJava

thenatureboy420 said:
I'll be attending an expensive private school in Chicago, most likely majoring in Forensic Science.
And hopefully you'll stop smoking dope before you turn 18 and then again before you have to pass a background check to work at any forensic laboratory. And depending on the facility, the background could be very rigorous.

You realize that committing criminal acts is a bar to employment at these labs, right?

- Carl

thenatureboy420

Luckily the program Im in erases my record once I complete probation.

And I didn't mean to talk much about money, the comment just seemed pretty damn offensive, I just wanted to let them know that Im not some trailer trash meth head or something.

CdwJava

thenatureboy420 said:
Luckily the program Im in erases my record once I complete probation.
But it doesn't erase people's memories. And when they do a background investigation it will almost certainly come up. So, you might want to consider being honest about it when it happens. AND, you might want to consider ceasing the dope use before you are 18 unless you don't want a good forensics job.

Trust me. I do background checks for law enforcement for a living. And employees in forensics labs out here undergo much the same background as peace officers do. Maybe its different in your neck of the woods, but do you want to take that chance on your future?

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">