• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile Marijuana Possession w/ Intent to Distribute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

enderwig

What is the name of your state? VA

I have been 17 years old as of February 22. I parked my car in a sketchy spot that requires passing someone's house and got in my friends car to go smoke with 3 other people including my friend. I had about 6 Gs in one bag on my body, and 14 Gs in another bag, a scale, and a bowl, in a backpack at my feet. After we smoked, we came back to my car to see the a cop car was parked next to it. My car was parked at the end of a one lane road with no houses near it which was meant for water repairmen. The person who was driving reversed out and started to speed off, we got about a mile away when the cop was on our tail. Pulled over, we were immediately told to get out of car, they asked where the dope was because they could easily smell it, and i pulled out the 6 Gs on me. Then they searched her car after handcuffing me and putting me in the back of a cop car and found my backpack which included all the other stuff. They then arrested the other people for mere possession and drove me back to my car where they searched it and found nothing. Took me to Juvenile Intake Center, finger printed, picture taken, and then gave me back my wallet/keys/cell phone and told me there was a petition out for me and that I would find my court date then.

Does anybody know what is going to happen to me? I am being charged with Marijuana Possession with intent to distribute. They tried to charge me for paraphernalia for the bowl and still might, but there was some confusion because VA code says that i must have been trying to sell the bowl in order to actually be charged for paraphernalia... but the cop was trying to find a way around the code to charge me with paraphernalia as my parents picked me up so I don't know what is happening with that.

This is my first offense, I have above a 3.7 GPA, I just got into college and got a job at Panera Bread. Will my juvenile record be sealed? Will my college or work be alerted about this incident? Will I lose my license? And if so, for how long? Please help me. :( I am the most worried about my record / college at the moment...

Also.. the officer was talking to me about setting up a buy to catch the bigger fish to get my charges reduced. Any suggestions?

enderwig

sigh

The person that I am hoping to set up could possibly try and narc on my friends. And I don't know anybody else to narc on or feel that I have the right to narc on them because I do not know the kind of person that they are.

A

Airbaby1969

Tough situation

First off, If you have a 3.7 GPA, then why in gods green earth were you stupid enough to get involved with drugs? Were ya bored or something? Anyways.. The paper you are referiing to in the mail is called an NTA ( notice to appear) . You have to go to court on this charge, yes you were arrested NO you didnt go to Jail. This courtdate is much like any other courtdate, you either plea out and get sentenced OR They will appoint a lawyer for you, unless you can afford a private atty. At that time they will reset the date and you will have to contact the lawyer, pay the fee, and keep coming back to court until you either plea out or charges are dropped. Most juveniles who are 17 are often charged as adults. Your best bet is to get a lawyer ASAP. As for your sentence, you may or may not get. It totally dpends on what you agree to and what the judge feels in a fair punishment for the crime. However, every state has a sentencing guidelines that they have adhere to. So it is hard to say, My personal opinion, If its your first offense, I would say probation, substance abuse evaluation and perhaps treatment. As for being a narc, this is a decision you will have to make, and you wondering if they are bad enough to narc out shouldnt be a factor in this. If they are doing/dealing drugs, they certainly arent going to win the next Pulitzer prize. However, if you agree to do this, MAKE sure everything you are promised IS IN WRITING BEFORE signing, dont let them make promises without them being in writing, cops are very sneaky sometimes. CYA all the way. But just always remember, when your a narc, the person behind you could be ready to narc on you. And on the flipside of that, the next person you see with your kids, could be giving them dope as well. So make your decision very carefully. As for your record, You can get it expunged depending on the laws in your state, here in Florida, you can get 1 felony expunged as long as you werent convicted of the crime. Also your record is never really "sealed" There are certain people who that does not pertain to. they can get in your record anytime no matter what, also tho, depending on which service they use to look at your record, the expungement may or may not show up.

I hope this was of some help to you.
Good Luck
~~Renee

enderwig

dont worry i wouldn't narc on anybody that doesn't deserve it... i'm a reasonable guy

the guy i would narc on owes me and three of my friends each over 100 dollars... (me 120).. so relax.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">