• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile Possession Charges Were Dropped. Can I still get probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SheaGarrigan

Ok so im a juvenile and I live in Pennsylvania and I was up at my friends house when it got raided (search warrant). Exactly where I was sitting there was a bowl underneath the couch so obviously I would get charged for it. But my friend ended up claiming it so my charges were dropped. But today I got a paper in the mail that says I have a meeting with a probation officer to see discuss whether or not i will get probation. How is it possible to get probation if my charges were dropped?

justalayman

well, you can't get probation unless charged and convicted of a crime so apparently somewhere along the line there is a real lack of communication. I suggest you bring your parents and lawyer to this meeting.

SheaGarrigan

well, you can't get probation unless charged and convicted of a crime so apparently somewhere along the line there is a real lack of communication. I suggest you bring your parents and lawyer to this meeting.
I thought so. There is a number at the bottom of the letter so my dad is going to call but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks man

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">