• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

karma must hate me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justjesse

What is the name of your state? washington

last summmer i was on my way to a concert and my friend driving was pulled over for not stopping completely at a stop sign off the exit. the officer gave the front passenger a breathalizer, which he failed, and being only 20 he got a mip.at this point the officer said he was going to search the entire car and gave the rest of us breathalizers as well. i was found to have under 40 grams of marijuana in my possesion, and not wanting to involve any others with me, admitted it was mine. now i've been to court several times, i figured this was my mistake and i can deal with the consequences, but i received a letter in the mail, saying i had another warrant out for my arrest, why im not sure. so i called up my probation officer, who told me i needed to drive back to kittitas, approximatly 3 hrs away from where i lived where it happened. former times i had been down there it was decided that as long as i stayed out of trouble for a year, followed a drug evaluations recommendation and paid the minimum fine that would be it. this last time i went down there the prosecuter asked the judge to re-evaluate the case, he re read the police report, and decided now i was guilty. he imposed the minumum fine, again (?) and on top of what i must do i also have community service, jail time, and i lose my license for a year ? my question(s) are; did he search us illegally? can they send out warrants for no cause? arent they required to tell you why ? and how can they impose the same fines twice on one charge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">