• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this legal...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TotalTerror

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

the judge that is supposed to oversee my unlawful delivery case had a son go to rehab for coke addiction. how can he judge cases involving drugs? he won't accept any plea bargains on drug cases, and enforces manditory jail sentences for even simple posession. i sold an undercover sherrif .41 grams (yes, less that 1/2 a gram) of marijuana, and i'm facing a possible 1-6 months in jail.

-b

X

xavierdoom

I marvel at these people, selling drugs then claiming it was 1/2 gram.

It is the ACT of selling an illegal substance, is why they have manditory sentences.

But any fool knows you never sell drugs, you just get busted for possession, and its usually a minor offense.

T

TotalTerror

dear xavierdoom,
your bit of advice troubles me, as I am unsure of the statement you are trying to make. I do agree with you that the government says that the sale of marijuana is a crime, no matter what the amount. I feel that this is a misguided agenda. I would be glad to tell you why, if you are interested. Anyway, having a minimum sentencing guideline of terms upto five years is a little ridiculous. I think that in this case, where the witness was pressured into making the sale, via numerous calls for the above mentioned product, which she otherwise would not have made. Also, the product had a fifty/fifty chance of being supplied to the defendant by the confidential informant, who is a known drug dealer, user, addict and general danger to society. The defendant , who is most definitly not a drug dealer feels that her rights as a tax paying citizen have been overlooked for that of a person who almost killed his underage girlfriend in a dui accident, is a known heroin addict, and who recently was re-jailed due to multiple parole violations incurred during his most recent drug binge. I believe that I would feel threatend if I was recieving calls from the above mentioned informant also. In short, I think that the Perry County Sherrifs Department need to take a tough look at who they are using as informants and allowing to slip through the system with signifigantly shorter sentences.
Yours Truley,
A concerned citizen and friend

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">