• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal To Charge ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

liven44

From Kansas...... My son-in-law was out with two of his friends. They were in his vehicle- music playing loudly, and the police arrived. After an intial "conversation" with the three of them- there was a substance found in the car. Nobody claimed it to be theirs, so the police allowed them all to leave and they took the substance. Believed to be marijuana. This took place about a year ago, nothing else was heard about this situation by my son-in-law. The substance was not found on anyones person- it was under the seat of the passenger side. Now, almost a year later, my son-in-law was recently arrested on a warrant for possession of marijuana- directly related to the incident I described. Now, it has been brought to his attention that one of the friends he was with- has been charged for something- we don't know what, but it is supposed to be related to this same incident. The other friend has been summoned to testify as a witness against my son-in-law. The concerns we have are that he never had it on his person, someone else already being charged and now the friend to testify about this. What are my son-in-laws rights as far as specifically fighting the charges brought against him? He does have an attorney now, but feels as if this is completely out of hand- in the way it has been handled by law officials here in town.
Thanks for any information that can be given!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">