• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal to operate commercial vehicle taking Hydrocodone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proserpina

(Even with a legitimate prescription, you can still be found guilty of DWI while taking hydrocodone).

A prescription does not make it ok to drive impaired.

This is ASSuming of course that this is where OP is headed...

I_Got_Banned

(Even with a legitimate prescription, you can still be found guilty of DWI while taking hydrocodone).

A prescription does not make it ok to drive impaired.

This is ASSuming of course that this is where OP is headed...
You ASSumed right Pro...

https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-rights-discrimination-law-101/commercial-vehicle-while-medicaton-534565.html

(Not sure how it relates to civil rights/discrimination law :rolleyes: but OP started another thread there)

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State. I drive a commercial vehicle. I take hydrocodone 10mg for back pain and have for 6 years. On my medication it states "Use caution when operating a car or heavy machinery". Is it legal for me to operate a semi and trailer or a dump truck?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cyjeff

Allow me to make this as clear as I can.

It is never legal to operate any motor vehicle while taking Hydrocodone.

Even if you have a prescription.

Even if.... NEVER legal.

Proserpina

Allow me to make this as clear as I can.

It is never legal to operate any motor vehicle while taking Hydrocodone.

Even if you have a prescription.

Even if.... NEVER legal.

I'm not aware of any law in any state stating that it is actually illegal to take a narcotic pain medication and then drive a vehicle.

I DO know that it is illegal to operate a vehicle while IMPAIRED. The problem is that taking the medicine does not automatically imply impairment. It is absolutely possible to take hydrocodone and remain unimpaired.

Many chronic pain patients can take narcotics and remain unimpaired, and go about their daily lives just the same as you and I. Including driving.

cyjeff

I'm not aware of any law in any state stating that it is actually illegal to take a narcotic pain medication and then drive a vehicle.

I DO know that it is illegal to operate a vehicle while IMPAIRED. The problem is that taking the medicine does not automatically imply impairment. It is absolutely possible to take hydrocodone and remain unimpaired.

Many chronic pain patients can take narcotics and remain unimpaired, and go about their daily lives just the same as you and I. Including driving.
I have just spent some time digging through Florida regulations... I am not sure the random testing would agree.

This is, however, a very fine line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">