• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liklihood of federal prosecution for drug use by health prof.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tlr031

What is the name of your state? West Virginia
I am a pharmacist who was discovered using an amphetamine product. There was no distribution or sale was involved. The board of pharmacy is treating this as an impaired professional, requiring treatment with re-instatement of my license upon successful completion of a treatment program. The DEA was present at the investigation meeting and informed me that their position would be to forward the case to the federal prosecuting attorney for possible prosecution.
What is the possibility that the federal prosecutor will pursue this case? I have been in practice for 31 years; this is the first and only breech of conduct and law in my career. No other offenses other than 3 traffic citations.

JETX

Let me see if I can put my 'Karnack' turban on...... okay, I got it just right.....

I foresee the chances of the federal prosecutor taking action against you as.... between zero and one hundred percent!!

See, your question is unanswerable by anyone on this forum. We do not know the specifics of the case, your demeanor, the 'goals' of the prosecutor, the realities of your local court dockets, etc. Far too many variables for someone to 'guess'.

T

tlr031

Response to Halket

Halket: thank you for your response however your sarcasm was unnecessary and hurtfull in view of the gravity of the situation.
God bless you (sincerely). To others who would reply to my issue, please do so but please be kind.

JETX

TLR: Sorry you took my post as hateful. It was intended only to be an honest, direct answer to your unanswerable question. There is simply no way that anyone can 'predict' what a proscecutor may or may not do.

Sort of like my asking you, "Do you like the color of my new Ferrari?". Please answer honestly and kindly...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">