• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost wallet and public restroom it was turned into security security check my wallet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OHRoadwarrior

My daughter God Bless her, left her new purse with all forms of ID except a passport and $150 cash in the dining hall at college. Got my wife cooled down as this is the first instance and paid to replace everything. She had checked twice with Colleges police dept. and lost and found in the student center where she left it. 2 months later, over winter break, we get a call from our insurance company it is at the student center lost and found cash etc intact and she also had received an email over break. Sometimes you must go to extremes to return something. I found a set of keys in a parking lot and had to call the grocery store she had a discount card at. They opted to give me her number rather than call her and she met me within 5 minutes. Turns out to have been the only key for that car she owned, along with her house keys etc. Those are the people you thank, not the people you get angry with.

RRevak

OHR,

Seeing as the words "drug charges" are attached to this post, i'm going to go out on a limb and guess there was more than some cash and identification in said wallet and Op is angry it was found ;)

FlyingRon

I once found a student ID and a bunch of crisp $20 bills (as if they had just been dispensed from the ATM) in outside a building. I was just trying to think about what I should do when I spotted the guy whose picture was on the ID. I asked if it was his ID and he said yes. I asked if he had dropped anything else and he was very happy that I returned the cash as well.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
You left your stuff in a public place.

What did you expect? How do you expect anyone to figure out who the owner of the wallet was?

Here's an idea: if you are going to carry drugs around, don't put abandon them in a public place and be surprised that someone noticed them there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">