• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying to police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida
If its wrong to lie to police, then why can they lie to you (example) drug deal,,,"Are you a cop" answer, "No" To me thats a set-up. even though drugs are illegal.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Florida
If its wrong to lie to police, then why can they lie to you (example) drug deal,,,"Are you a cop" answer, "No" To me thats a set-up. even though drugs are illegal.
So...You deal drugs but the cops are at fault for setting you up?? Really? That's your story?

No I don't deal drugs,,,,I watch alot of TV and see it all the time on it...Straight and to the point?? COPS are crooks in my book.

Just Blue

No I don't deal drugs,,,,I watch alot of TV and see it all the time on it...Straight and to the point?? COPS are crooks in my book.
Ummm....Law and Order is not a fair representation of police procedure. :rolleyes:

Next time you are being attacked, raped, shot...etc...DO NOT CALL THE CROOKED POLICE...Call the poor set up drug dealer next door for protection.;)

outonbail

Police are allowed to lie because it saves the tax payers a lot of money. If they can tell you they have a witness to a crime who has pointed you out as the suspect and this gets you to write out a confession and sign it, their job is done!
Then they can just get back out on the streets and catch more bad guys.

This saves time and money because they can forget about putting any more time and effort into collecting evidence and building a case against you.

Most people don't confess to a crime if they are not guilty of the crime. So the police lying isn't going to hurt the innocent anyway,,,, Lying only gets the dumber criminals off the street and out of their hair much faster.

CdwJava

If that's a "set up" to you, you need to get some more learning under your belt.

How is it a set up for a cop not to ID himself if you are involved in criminal activity? I can think of a lot of reasons why it would be STUPID to require him to ID himself in a covert op - not the least of which is that it could get him killed!

If you do not like the law, lobby for a change. Don't expect to find much of a constituency for that one, though.

- Carl

CdwJava

No I don't deal drugs,,,,I watch alot of TV and see it all the time on it...
TV is make believe - it is not real.

Straight and to the point?? COPS are crooks in my book.
Of course they are. :rolleyes:

Well, if you don't break the law, you won't have to deal with them. And if you don't like them, don't call them when you get mugged, beaten, robbed, etc. It's your call.

I have found that the people who don't like cops tend to be criminals or - at the very least - anarchists who do not believe in law and order, anyway. Which are you?

- Carl

CJane

I have found that the people who don't like cops tend to be criminals or - at the very least - anarchists who do not believe in law and order, anyway. Which are you?

- Carl
Now, Carl, let's be fair. There's another category... the criminally idiotic.

And this guy DOES believe in Law and Order - the TV show. ;)

xylene

- Carl
We are Nihilists, Lebowski. We believe in nothing. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">