• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Made deal,drug charges dropped,I want my money back from Riverside,CA.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tito51

Made deal,drug charges dropped,He wants his money back.

What is the name of your state? We live in Southern California. My son was arrested twice for the same charges. His lawyer plead bargain,All the Drug charges were dropped and he got allot of years for another charge that didn't have to do with the drugs. Is there a form that I could get so that I could get his money back? He gave me power of attorney. I was told of a form, But I didn't get the name of it. I would appreciate it if someone can help. He's asking for things from me that I can't afford to send him. The monies that I'm referring to is the money that the police
found on my son. According to some attorneys, since they dropped the drug charges, They can't connect the money to the
drugs. Therefore, My son was not convicted of the drug offends, so the money the police confiscated, must be returned to my son.
All I want to know, is the name of the form I need to get in order to retrieve this money. Thanking you inadvance. Respectfully Yours,
Roberto Ortiz :confused

Last edited:

stephenk

what money are you talking about? was he arrested with a sum of money and/or money was confiscated?

Your son will have to prove that the money is not connected with his drug activity or any illegal activity in order to get it back.

Bravo8

If the money can be proven to be connected to the drugs, then it is contraband. Just because someone charged with drug possession has the charges dropped doesn't mean they get the drugs or money back. Contraband is contraband.

L

loserrr

Tito51:

If your son HAD A JOB, and just got paid and had $1000 on him and his paycheck was $1000 then you would be entitled to sue for the money back.

If he just sold a stereo for $1000, and had a reciept for it on him for $1000 then he is entitled to get his money back from the police.

If he was walking around with $1000 in his pockets AND NO JOB... wellll drugs my man drug money!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">