• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Made up charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

intheyear12000

I was recently convicted and sentenced to probation for an automobile accident under trumped up charges that the police officer made up and filed into report for the DA. I never admitted to smoking any weed or doing any drugs other than my prescription medications but the police officer said that he found a pipe on me which was complete hogwash. I ended up taking a breathylyzer and blew 0 BAC under video surveillance, but this video surveillance was thrown out. The 'public pretender' that I received did absolutely nothing to help me and indeed suggested that I plead to lesser charges which were of course trumped up. They however didn't have ANY evidence to prosecute me other than the word of the officer which was a complete lie and I felt like my rights we're violated and that I was sentenced under false pretenses. Is this illegal? Can I get the case thrown out after I have been convicted of it or already plead guilty to these false pretenses? Can I sue them for cohorting me to plead guilty under these false pretenses?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">