• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mail order weed intercepted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marley_bob

If one ordered online a small quantity of weed for ersonal use, international mail. If one received a call from customs stating that they had intercepted this letter to make an appoint for a 'hearing' next week

I guess there wouldnt be any avoiding responsibility... is there?. The sender suggested to deny all intent to recieve the letter and since they cannot prove intent there is no crime. how is international mail order of weed treated as a crime? Is it a petty crime (posession < 15g is a minor crime, punishable by fine) but is it a more serious trafficing offense? Should I seek legal council?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I ordered online a small quantity for weed (14g) personal use, international mail to Finland. This morning I received a call from airport customs stating that they had intercepted this letter. The customs person, who seemed very nice and friendly about it made an appoint for a 'hearing' next week and I was hoping someone could advise me.

The letter has my (very slightly altered) name and address on it, so I guess there isnt really any avoiding that it's mine... is there?. The sender says I should deny all intent to recieve the letter and since they cannot prove intent there is no crime. I'm not a good lair. Do you have any advice how I should proceed? And how is international mail order of weed treated as a crime? Is it a petty crime (in Finlnad, posession < 15g is a minor crime, punishable by fine) but is it a more serious trafficing offense? Should I seek legal council? It's prices are about 200 Euro / hour here so very quickly it could break the bank and run far beyond the fine.

I'm not a dealer, or a criminal... just a guy, who likes to chill with something to toke.

I very scared and I'd be very appreciative of any advice you can offer.
This is a US law site. Finland is not part of the United States and therefore we cannot help you.

marley_bob

Of course I have spent the last two days trying to find info. Its not easy when you dont speak the main language of the country.

Really my question (which I think applies universally) is this. Is my confession required for their case? Or is the letter with a slightly altered name all the proof they need? Is it better to admit and take the punishment (probably a fine, around 1000)

justalayman

Really my question (which I think applies universally) is this. Is my confession required for their case? Or is the letter with a slightly altered name all the proof they need? Is it better to admit and take the punishment (probably a fine, around 1000)
No, it is not universal. In some countries, what you have given here as facts would be enough to put you in prison. In other countries, not enough to do a dang thing.

Isis1

mailing it in? really?

i can go outside and find a corner with some shady guy and pick up something to "toke".

you were just asking for trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">