• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mailed a supoena?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maxxx

What is the name of your state? louisiana i was sitting at home and the cops showed up to arrest me on a warrant.on the warrant it said i was to be arrested for production of cocaine.after a week i finally found out the actual charge was manufacturing of meth.do i have any legal rights concerning the fact they served a warrant with false charges on it?the charges were from La.but i live in Ms.they also charged me with failure to appear because the sent a supoena through the mail and i had moved away from the address and never recieved the supoena.Can they send a supoena through the mail and if they can and i dont recieve it,can they charge me with failure to appear?

racer72

You present no evidence of any wrongdoing. Warrants can easily be changed and it is your responsibility to insure mail if forwarded when you move. I would suggest you hire a good attorney, you will need one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">