• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maintaining a Dwelling (NC)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oops!

I live in North Carolina and my brother and his roomate just got busted and charged with maintaining a dwelling. They got this charge because they had friends over who had taken acid before they came over. First off, can they recieve that charge if no drugs were done at the house (they were charged because they knew that those people were on drugs)? Secondly, does the person charged with this crime have to be tied to the residency (i.e. they own the place, have their name on a lease, ect.) to recieve the charge? I ask this because their apartment is owned by my brother's roomate's father. Since this is the situation they decided to avoid signing a lease and instead operate off an agreement that they can live there if they pay the father a certain amount each month.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">