• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

manufacturing charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acourtneyjx

What is the name of your state? GA
Question? A friend of mine was somewhere he shouldn't have been. Total of 9 people arrested all were charged with manufacturing meth. One of the individuals has written a statement owning up to it being all his. Have questioned local dea officers about charges being dropped due to other defendant making statement. They said charges would not be dropped or reduced??? The thing is my friend was assigned a public defender. He has been in jail almost 90 days has still not seen his assigned attorney. The other individuals have already been sentanced or charges dropped. I know one reason they are holding him ..no bond..is he is on probation. What kind of sentance would he be looking at in Ga for 1st offense manufacturing? and it seems to me if the other boy is admitting it was his alone how can they continue to press charges??? Also isn't there a certain amount of time they have to formally charge you . He hasn't been indicted yet??

The Occultist

The problem is that this isn't the first time that somebody has "owned up" to being completely behind everything when he wasn't. Your "friend" definitely needs to find an attorney. When he is arraigned, assuming he can show financial need, he will be assigned a PD. If the court doesn't find he needs one, he needs to find one immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">