• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Manufacturing Marijuana charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tinabeal

CdwJava said:
Then unless his knowledge or complicity in the grow can be established, he will probably not be charged. But, you can pretty much guarantee he will become a person of interest to them because he almost certainly KNEW about the plants, and that would lead the cops to wonder what else he knows about.

Carl
That's where we are now. He's been questioned by 2 of the DTF agents about everybody else...what they do and who they know...but nothing about himself. Thank you again for your time.

T

tinabeal

CdwJava said:
A Google search of "manufacturing marijuana" and "Georgia" results in a load of hits from headlines and such indicating that there IS a crime called "manufacturing marijuana" ... why it's not "growing", beats the heck out of me. Unless manufacturing means that they also found evidence of packaging, drying, etc.

And GA code 16-13-31(c):

(c) Any person who knowingly sells, manufactures, grows, delivers, brings into this state, or has possession of a quantity of marijuana exceeding 10 pounds commits the offense of trafficking in marijuana and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished as follows:

(1) If the quantity of marijuana involved is in excess of 10 pounds, but less than 2,000 pounds, the person shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of five years and shall pay a fine of $100,000.00;

(2) If the quantity of marijuana involved is 2,000 pounds or more, but less than 10,000 pounds, the person shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of seven years and shall pay a fine of $250,000.00; and

(3) If the quantity of marijuana involved is 10,000 pounds or more, the person shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of 15 years and shall pay a fine of $1 million.

Those must have been 4 BIG plants!

Carl
I know in Ga. they charge you with manufacturing no matter what size the plants are.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tinabeal said:
I know in Ga. they charge you with manufacturing no matter what size the plants are.

My response:

It's not "manufacturing" if the DTF merely found 4 potted plants. So, your druggie brother and HIS girlfriend were into something more, like wrapping the marijuana for sale, or were found "manufacturing" Meth.

Why would your "good", "law abiding" brother want to be with a druggie IF he's not one himself?

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tinabeal said:

My response:

Gee, really? How would YOU know that SPECIFIC information?

I knew you had experience with the drug laws.

IAAL

T

truly

Whoa...

Just wondering, IAAL, was all the name calling really neccessary? I understand if you need to get your point across, make someone clairfy themselves or whatever the case may be, but it seems in a lot of your posts you only respond to denigrate these people. You seem to get great pleasure denigrating anyone who you deem inferior to you. Anyone from a southern state is a hillbilly hick living in a trailer playing a banjo and married to their cousin, any female who has the audacity to question you is subject to your endless misogynistic tirade. Your fellow Senior Members seem to quake with fear when you post, and only be able to be your yes men when IAAL is on the scene. You replied with great info on my post, and only became snippy when I didn't genuflect and give you the a timely & proper thank you. My question is, how can you be allowed to post with such vile and negative language on this site? Who do you think you are?

T

tinabeal

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

It's not "manufacturing" if the DTF merely found 4 potted plants. So, your druggie brother and HIS girlfriend were into something more, like wrapping the marijuana for sale, or were found "manufacturing" Meth.

Why would your "good", "law abiding" brother want to be with a druggie IF he's not one himself?

IAAL
First of all I never claimed him to be perfect now did I? My problem with you is you are trying to make out like you know what you are talking about when you don't. You are throwing off on me to make your nonsense seem right.

I told you, I don't do that crap....can you say as much? You are very hostile.....that's a sure sign of withdrawal isn't it?

T

tinabeal

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Gee, really? How would YOU know that SPECIFIC information?

I knew you had experience with the drug laws.

IAAL
HA HA HA - I have lived in GA all my life....thank goodness for that.. I don't have to deal with people like you that give other people from CA a bad name

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

truly said:
Just wondering, IAAL, was all the name calling really neccessary? I understand if you need to get your point across, make someone clairfy themselves or whatever the case may be, but it seems in a lot of your posts you only respond to denigrate these people. You seem to get great pleasure denigrating anyone who you deem inferior to you. Anyone from a southern state is a hillbilly hick living in a trailer playing a banjo and married to their cousin, any female who has the audacity to question you is subject to your endless misogynistic tirade. Your fellow Senior Members seem to quake with fear when you post, and only be able to be your yes men when IAAL is on the scene. You replied with great info on my post, and only became snippy when I didn't genuflect and give you the a timely & proper thank you. My question is, how can you be allowed to post with such vile and negative language on this site? Who do you think you are?

My response:

Druggies, like our writer and her brother and his girlfriend, are scourges on our society - - including our children.

I have no sympathies for lawbreakers, and they certainly deserve no respect.

I make no apologies for my "in your face" style of writing - - ESPECIALLY when it comes to druggies, and their druggie core, skank, sisters who write to our forums looking for an "escape" for their family members.

Don't like it? Tough. It really breaks my heart what you do, or don't, like about my writing.

IAAL

T

tinabeal

dequeendistress said:
How many undercover buys went down prior to the warrant?

I don't know...I do know the girl he was with was on Fed. probation for forgery, and some other possession charges...but I'm not sure how many.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tinabeal said:
I don't know...I do know the girl he was with was on Fed. probation for forgery, and some other possession charges...but I'm not sure how many.

My response:

Figures.

How many trailers were involved in the bust? Are there old refrigerators and toilets in the yard? How many cars are up on blocks?

How come you haven't bailed your brother out yet? Where's your money - - tied up in unliquidated stocks in the "Drug Futures" market?

IAAL

T

tinabeal

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Druggies, like our writer and her brother and his girlfriend, are scourges on our society - - including our children.

I have no sympathies for lawbreakers, and they certainly deserve no respect.

I make no apologies for my "in your face" style of writing - - ESPECIALLY when it comes to druggies, and their druggie core, skank, sisters who write to our forums looking for an "escape" for their family members.

Don't like it? Tough. It really breaks my heart what you do, or don't, like about my writing.

IAAL
That's where you are wrong again. I am not looking for an escape from no one but people like you, who because things are not said how you want it are druggies and what ever other horrific names you are calling...you think you got to meI do however feel for your children.

n_and

tinabeal said:
See that's where you are being a jerk...If I wanted that, I would call the laywer I have been dealing with for the past month! I had a simple question, and you have answered in typical laywer fashion.

I know the DTF wouldn't go for a simple 4 plants ya wacko, I know that the residents were busted about 6 months prior to this...MY question was Because my brother was at the house when DTF came the second time, will he be charged just like the residents?
Well then ask a specific question, If I'm a jerk for answering the question WHAT IS AN INDICTMENT then you're a drugged-out because of your friends. I tried to help you, and that's the response I get? I held my tounge on what I really wanted to say to you.

you are a worthless, no-good, ungreatful loser.

T

tinabeal

n_and said:
Well then ask a specific question. If I'm a jerk for answering the question WHAT IS AN INDICTMENT then you're a drugged-out because of your friends. I tried to help you, and that's the response I get? I held my tounge on what I really wanted to say to you.

you are a worthless, no-good, ungreatful loser.

Well I am sorry you feel that way. That post wasn't intended for you...I am really sorry. Still you are not better than that because you can't even use your own words.
I am not a druggie, nor am I worthless. And I am not ungreatful for nothing. I did not intend that post for you, and I am truly sorry

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tinabeal said:
And I am not ungreatful for nothing.

My response:

More "double negatives"!

Education was lost on you. You'd rather be drugged out someplace. Why aren't you answering my questions? Why haven't you bailed out your brother?

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">