• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Manufacturing Marijuana charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tinabeal

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My brother was at the home when the drug task force came in with a warrant. He was dating the lady that lived at the home. The DTF charged everyone in the house with manufacturing because they found 4 plants. Now he was due in court on 7/9/2004, only to find that the DA in the county postponed the date. They say he hasn't been indicited yet. what does this mean? Will he be indicited even if he pleas not guilty?
Also, his laywer is court appointed, and is currently running for DA. He has been publicaly quoted saying he will not allow drug offenders to plea out. Does my brother have a chance with this laywer?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tinabeal said:

My brother was at the home when the drug task force came in with a warrant. He was dating the lady that lived at the home. The DTF charged everyone in the house with manufacturing because they found 4 plants. Now he was due in court on 7/9/2004, only to find that the DA in the county postponed the date. They say he hasn't been indicited yet. what does this mean? Will he be indicited even if he pleas not guilty?
Also, his laywer is court appointed, and is currently running for DA. He has been publicaly quoted saying he will not allow drug offenders to plea out. Does my brother have a chance with this laywer?

My response:

Oh, this is hilarious! What a bunch of lies! The DTA isn't sent out for 4 plants, lady. Additionally, you don't get charged with "manufacturing" when it comes to marijuana. You get that charge when they found what they were really looking for - - Crystal Meth.

Say bye-bye to dear old brother . . . say hello to Bubba!

IAAL

Last edited:

HomeGuru

tinabeal said:

They say he hasn't been indicited yet. what does this mean? Will he be indicited even if he pleas not guilty?

**A: I am indicited as to the outcome.

n_and

An indictment is a written accusation of a crime, which is affirmed by a grand jury and brought to a court to begin criminal proceedings against the accused.

Got it? The rest of your questions are self explanatory. You MUST know what they say about public defenders...

T

tinabeal

See that's where you are being a jerk...If I wanted that, I would call the laywer I have been dealing with for the past month! I had a simple question, and you have answered in typical laywer fashion.

I know the DTF wouldn't go for a simple 4 plants ya wacko, I know that the residents were busted about 6 months prior to this...MY question was Because my brother was at the house when DTF came the second time, will he be charged just like the residents?

CdwJava

Your brother could be charged, depending on his connection to the people and items found inside. If he was just stopping in to drop off a pizza - probably not. If he had a pipe in his pocket, was watering the plants, or cooking some meth - he probably will.

Carl

T

tinabeal

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Oh, this is hilarious! What a bunch of lies! The DTA isn't sent out for 4 plants, lady. Additionally, you don't get charged with "manufacturing" when it comes to marijuana. You get that charge when they found what they were really looking for - - Crystal Meth.

Say bye-bye to dear old brother . . . say hello to Bubba!

IAAL
A bunch of lies? Well i know my brother is currently a resident of the Cherokee Co Jail, charged with Manufacturing Marijuana....If that's a lie hot rod, you'd better tell them that. Additionally, you obiviously don't have a clue...I do know the meth problem is on the rise and more times than not you will see manufacturing meth rather than marijuana.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tinabeal said:
I know the DTF wouldn't go for a simple 4 plants ya wacko

My response:

You drugged-out, - here's what you initially said: "The DTF charged everyone in the house with manufacturing because they found 4 plants."

Are you so loaded that you can't even keep your story straight?

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tinabeal

CdwJava said:
Your brother could be charged, depending on his connection to the people and items found inside. If he was just stopping in to drop off a pizza - probably not. If he had a pipe in his pocket, was watering the plants, or cooking some meth - he probably will.

Carl
Like I said, he was dating the lady that rented the house...I do know he didn't have nothing else on him when he was arrested...I have the report.

Also, thank you for not being so harsh :eek:)

T

tinabeal

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You drugged-out,here's what you initially said: "The DTF charged everyone in the house with manufacturing because they found 4 plants."

Are you so loaded that you can't even keep your story straight?

IAAL
First of I I don't do that crap, so no, The DTF did charge everybody in the house at that time with manufacturing....I did not include the past 4 times they had been to the house when my brother wasn't there. I really don't believe the name calling is necessary, do you?

CdwJava

tinabeal said:
Like I said, he was dating the lady that rented the house...I do know he didn't have nothing else on him when he was arrested...I have the report.

Also, thank you for not being so harsh :eek:)
Then unless his knowledge or complicity in the grow can be established, he will probably not be charged. But, you can pretty much guarantee he will become a person of interest to them because he almost certainly KNEW about the plants, and that would lead the cops to wonder what else he knows about.

Carl

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tinabeal said:
A bunch of lies? Well i know my brother is currently a resident of the Cherokee Co Jail, charged with Manufacturing Marijuana....If that's a lie hot rod, you'd better tell them that. Additionally, you obiviously don't have a clue...I do know the meth problem is on the rise and more times than not you will see manufacturing meth rather than marijuana.

My response:

Here's what you initially said: "The DTF charged everyone in the house with manufacturing because they found 4 plants."

Are you so loaded that you can't even keep your story straight? You don't "manufacture" marijuana, idiot.

So, because of your druggie nature, you can't even afford to bail out your brother. How nice. You'd rather buy dope than use the money on your druggie brother. Thank you.
IAAL

CdwJava

A Google search of "manufacturing marijuana" and "Georgia" results in a load of hits from headlines and such indicating that there IS a crime called "manufacturing marijuana" ... why it's not "growing", beats the heck out of me. Unless manufacturing means that they also found evidence of packaging, drying, etc.

And GA code 16-13-31(c):

(c) Any person who knowingly sells, manufactures, grows, delivers, brings into this state, or has possession of a quantity of marijuana exceeding 10 pounds commits the offense of trafficking in marijuana and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished as follows:

(1) If the quantity of marijuana involved is in excess of 10 pounds, but less than 2,000 pounds, the person shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of five years and shall pay a fine of $100,000.00;

(2) If the quantity of marijuana involved is 2,000 pounds or more, but less than 10,000 pounds, the person shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of seven years and shall pay a fine of $250,000.00; and

(3) If the quantity of marijuana involved is 10,000 pounds or more, the person shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of 15 years and shall pay a fine of $1 million.

Those must have been 4 BIG plants!

Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">