• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marajuana and Possession charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

midas

What is the name of your state? Tennessee, I am 18, have no prior charges and was arrested for possession of a pipe and about 2 grams of pot. I am supposed to go to court on Friday of this week. I went down to the court house and was told if i dont go to court it will be 172 dollars. Anyone have any clue what will happen if i do go?

evman66

Man, I don't know. I just got busted this past Tuesday for the same exact thing. What county were you in?

And here's what I heard from friends. One went to court with a lawyer and paid about $350 in fees and 1 year unsupervised probation (no drug tests or anything, just stay out of trouble) and got it off of his record. Another paid about $500 in fees (250 in court fees, 250 for tickets), and got 6 months supervised probation, having to do drug tests every other weekend. He also got the charges off of his record. Both time were first time offenses, including myself. The cop had mentioned something about a diversion or deferment program, but I'm not too sure what that includes. If you don't mind, can you post what happens to you after this Friday happens. It would be very much appreciated.

midas

Yay

I just went down their today, payed 172.25 for simple marijuana possession and paraphernalia. I am in such a better mood. Scott county by the way. I hope you dont get in too much **** bro, good luck to ya, lemme know what happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">