• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana and Alcohol Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lillani

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Recently me and my friend were smoking in the park and we were sitting in my car. The cops pulled up and started searching the car and they found less than 1 oz. of marijuana and an unopened bottle of alcohol. I was just wondering what is most likely to happen and if there was a way these misdemeanors could be taken off my record. This is my first offense.

I was also wondering if I can use my medical conditions as the reason I was smoking (cause it was) and I can get proof that I suffer from 2 medical conditions, anxiety and depression, which are in accordance with the ADA act of 1996 that allows medical marijuana licenses. The only reason I dont have a license is because Im 17 and cant get one. So I was wondering if I could even use any of that or if it wont help me at all.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

Recently me and my friend were smoking in the park and we were sitting in my car. The cops pulled up and started searching the car and they found less than 1 oz. of marijuana and an unopened bottle of alcohol. I was just wondering what is most likely to happen and if there was a way these misdemeanors could be taken off my record. This is my first offense.
What code sections were you cited or arrested for?

I was also wondering if I can use my medical conditions as the reason I was smoking (cause it was) and I can get proof that I suffer from 2 medical conditions, anxiety and depression, which are in accordance with the ADA act of 1996 that allows medical marijuana licenses.
What "ADA Act of 1996"? If you mean the Compassionate Use Act created pursuant to Prop 215, then that is viable only if you already had a physician's recommendation, and even then it would only useful as an affirmative defense.

The only reason I dont have a license is because Im 17 and cant get one.
Then you shoul dnot have been using marijuana, huh?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">