• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuana bowl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Going to the clinic is voluntary for me, I dont smoke often and my clinic doesnt test for maijuana because its so widely used and legal in over half the u.s...I know people have their opinions about marijuana but im very much invested in my recovery....but not here to talk about all that..... Just trying to hear from someone from Pennsylvania that has been in this situation so i can know what it is im going to be receiving in the mail... Many people that live around me say they think its more than likely a fine since he didnt give me a ticket right there... but idk in NC if you get a traffic ticket they print it right there on the spot and it tells you how much the fine cost ,your court date, and court cost..like i said marijuana they either throw it on the ground and tell you to go about your business or they arrest you
Please do not start additional threads. You can add any additional questions to this thread. Your other one has been deleted.

States all operate differently. Pennsylvania is not North Carolina so what might happen in North Carolina has no bearing on what happens in Pennsylvania. That said, it is not unusual in many (if not most) states to mail out tickets instead of issuing them on-the-spot.

I have never heard before of a police officer tossing marijuana on the ground, however, in any of the states with which I am familiar. I doubt that North Carolina officers do this - certainly not on a regular basis. Your comments lead me to believe you have experience being stopped before for possession, however, which means you could have more trouble in Pennsylvania with a paraphernalia possession charge than I originally thought.

Most of the members of this forum, by the way, do not have criminal backgrounds. Even if someone on the forum had been stopped in Pennsylvania before for possession of paraphernalia, their experience could not be compared to yours. All cases present with different facts and it is the facts that matter in law.

ZLDH0326

You gave up your buds and bowl?
I expect you may have just made some guy dressed up like cop day.
You should have received a ticket right then and there, but
I guess he wanted to smoke on it before he made up his mind. You should receive something in the mail in two to four weeks. Talking as suggested to an Attorney is a good idea and in the meanwhile,
try and get some rest, you look terrible.
Good luck.

..____________________
~ If you would avoid suspicion,
do not lace shoes in melon field. ~ Chinese proverb
no bud....just a 2 bowls and a grinder, and i look terrible? Thats a dumb remark... i'm just trying to find someone that lives in PA that has been in a similar situation.

CdwJava

I doubt you are going to find anyone here who has been cited or arrested in PA for marijuana.

ZLDH0326

Please do not start additional threads. You can add any additional questions to this thread. Your other one has been deleted.

States all operate differently. Pennsylvania is not North Carolina so what might happen in North Carolina has no bearing on what happens in Pennsylvania. That said, it is not unusual in many (if not most) states to mail out tickets instead of issuing them on-the-spot.

I have never heard before of a police officer tossing marijuana on the ground, however, in any of the states with which I am familiar. I doubt that North Carolina officers do this - certainly not on a regular basis. Your comments lead me to believe you have experience being stopped before for possession, however, which means you could have more trouble in Pennsylvania with a paraphernalia possession charge than I originally thought.

Most of the members of this forum, by the way, do not have criminal backgrounds. Even if someone on the forum had been stopped in Pennsylvania before for possession of paraphernalia, their experience could not be compared to yours. All cases present with different facts and it is the facts that matter in law.
As I said earlier I do not have a criminal background... but twice I have been pulled with a friend and thats what happened... I know what happens in NC has nothing to do with what happens here I was just saying I'm not from PA to emphasize that if someone is from PA they would see that and tell me more about what to expect... Why has my other thread been deleted? I thought if I posted more than one thread there would be more of a chance of it being seen... The new thread was slightly different, mainly that I asked if someone from PA who have been through this situation or a similar one could talk to me instead of random input... Maybe what your telling me isn't random input which is why I asked if you were in legal work...

ZLDH0326

I doubt you are going to find anyone here who has been cited or arrested in PA for marijuana.
OH ...i just googled forums on my phone to find someone to talk about this with... I figured since it was a forum about legal advice it was either people who are in legal work or people who have been through a similar situation... im just a regular guy who signed up for a forum and clicked the link...Thought there might be others like that on here...

quincy

As I said earlier I do not have a criminal background... but twice I have been pulled with a friend and thats what happened... I know what happens in NC has nothing to do with what happens here I was just saying I'm not from PA to emphasize that if someone is from PA they would see that and tell me more about what to expect... Why has my other thread been deleted? I thought if I posted more than one thread there would be more of a chance of it being seen... The new thread was slightly different, mainly that I asked if someone from PA who have been through this situation or a similar one could talk to me instead of random input... Maybe what your telling me isn't random input which is why I asked if you were in legal work...
First, a single thread on the same topic is all that is necessary on this forum. There is no greater chance of your questions being answered if you start another thread - and, actually, there is less of a chance of your questions being answered in another thread because duplicate threads or threads with related questions are reported and deleted. ;)

You have been given the law in Pennsylvania and you have been advised to seek out legal assistance in Pennsylvania if/when you receive a ticket or tickets in the mail. I am not sure what else you are hoping this forum can provide you. You can read the terms of service that you agreed to when registering to see the limits of what we can offer. A brief overview of these terms can be found in the IMPORTANT NOTICE at the bottom of this (and every) page.

It might be best for you just to consider all that you read on this forum as "random input" because it will only be an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction whom you have hired to represent you who can provide you with anything but random input. It will be this attorney who can access all of the facts of your police stop and the charges filed against you (if any).

(I like the Chinese proverb, drruthless :))

OH ...i just googled forums on my phone to find someone to talk about this with... I figured since it was a forum about legal advice it was either people who are in legal work or people who have been through a similar situation... im just a regular guy who signed up for a forum and clicked the link...Thought there might be others like that on here...
You have a fountain of information at your finger tips it's called the internet.
Google, fines for marijuana possession: PA It should get you a ball park number.
BTW my ticket cost me around $100 that was in Ca. 1976.....:D

ZLDH0326

You have a fountain of information at your finger tips it's called the internet.
Google, fines for marijuana possession: PA It should get you a ball park number.
Yea i know this .... i didnt have any marijuana ....but what you just said at the end is something i was looking for...just from someone who got a ticket just a little more recent than 40 years ago

quincy

ZLDH0326 doesn't even have to Google this himself. I provided him with a link to the law in Pennsylvania already in my first post. Possession of paraphernalia is a misdemeanor subject to one year in jail and up to a $5000 fine.

ZLDH0326

First, a single thread on the same topic is all that is necessary on this forum. There is no greater chance of your questions being answered if you start another thread - and, actually, there is less of a chance of your questions being answered in another thread because duplicate threads or threads with related questions are reported and deleted. ;)

You have been given the law in Pennsylvania and you have been advised to seek out legal assistance in Pennsylvania if/when you receive a ticket or tickets in the mail. I am not sure what else you are hoping this forum can provide you. You can read the terms of service that you agreed to when registering to see the limits of what we can offer. A brief overview of these terms can be found in the IMPORTANT NOTICE at the bottom of this (and every) page.

It might be best for you just to consider all that you read on this forum as "random input" because it will only be an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction whom you have hired to represent you who can provide you with anything but random input. It will be this attorney who can access all of the facts of your police stop and the charges filed against you (if any).

(I like the Chinese proverb, drruthless :))
yea....i appreciate all the advice from everyone.... kind of thought that this was just a place where people have conversations your right should have read the important notice...just started all this on a cell phone riding down the road with my brother... so i just clicked the first one that popped up and entered my question...was just trying to find someone that had been through it... thanks for the advice... never had anyone actually mind that i didnt read the terms of service agreement...thought everyone just clicked the box and went on with it

ZLDH0326

ZLDH0326 doesn't even have to Google this himself. I provided him with a link to the law in Pennsylvania already in my first post. Possession of paraphernalia is a misdemeanor subject to one year in jail and up to a $5000 fine.

i did google it... that just seemed ridiculous for a first time offense of any kind. never been in any kind of trouble..this was a last resort after i googled alot...sensing hostility, and i wasnt trying to piss anyone off I just wanted to to talk about it with someone didnt know this forum was so serious....considering one ended with get rest you look terrible...where did that come from??

Last edited:

quincy

... never had anyone actually mind that i didnt read the terms of service agreement...thought everyone just clicked the box and went on with it
Clicking on an "I agree" box without reading what you are agreeing to is what many (or perhaps even most) people do. On this forum, it might not matter all that much because we are not shy about pointing out the terms and conditions, and the penalty for violating the terms or conditions are generally not harsh.

But clicking agreement or signing an agreement without reading it first is certainly not a recommended way to operate. You can be surprised in a most unpleasant way with terms you had no idea you agreed to and only later find that you are bound to legally. You don't want to inadvertently sign over rights to your first-born child. ;)

Good luck with your ticket or tickets, ZLDH0326.

Last edited:

ZLDH0326

Clicking on an "I agree" box without reading what you are agreeing to is what many (or perhaps even most) people do. On this forum, it might not matter all that much because we are not shy about pointing out the terms and conditions and violations of the terms or conditions are generally not harsh.

But clicking agreement or signing an agreement without reading it first is certainly not a recommended way to operate. You can be surprised in a most unpleasant way with terms you had no idea you agreed to and only later find that you are bound to legally. You don't want to inadvertently sign over rights to your first-born child. ;)

Good luck with your ticket or tickets, ZLDH0326.
ill keep that in mind thanks...guess your right ..could end up in some human centipede situation

quincy

ill keep that in mind thanks...guess your right ..could end up in some human centipede situation
We are always interested in hearing back from posters so, if or when you receive the ticket or tickets and if you have the opportunity, keep this thread in mind. An update would be nice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">