• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jzc6734

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
There has been an undercover cop watching our home. My roomate currently deals marijuana and I do not. I have received a tip that arrests are going to be made within the next month or two. The informant for the police is a customer of my roomate and could have witnessed me using marijuana. I have quit using marijuana due to my paranoia. I was wondering what charges I could be facing even if I would pass a drug test and there is no marijuana to be found in the house. Am I guilty by association for not snitching?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ERAUPIKE

You could possibly be charged for the same felonies as your roommate. Your paranoia is likely heightened by your use of drugs. How do you know there is an undercover cop watching your home? How do you know there is an informant and who that person is? If everything you have said is true then you need to move out or hope to God that your tip was wrong. You are looking at receiving up to 5 years in prison if you are charged with distribution, whether you can pee clean or not.

Ian_Y

You could possibly be charged for the same felonies as your roommate. Your paranoia is likely heightened by your use of drugs. How do you know there is an undercover cop watching your home? How do you know there is an informant and who that person is? If everything you have said is true then you need to move out or hope to God that your tip was wrong. You are looking at receiving up to 5 years in prison if you are charged with distribution, whether you can pee clean or not.
Umm...did you just pull "five years in prison" out of your ass or what? The maximum penalty for marijuana distribution in Pennsylvania is 3 years and a fine (Under sale of 1000 pounds that is...unless you are living with some big time drug lord) it is possible you will be charged but if you deny all knowledge, and get a good lawyer, the charges against you could be easily dropped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">