• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana Found in sons friends car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

briguy2112

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My 17 year son was in a friends car with 3 other kids. they were sitting at a park and a police officer came up. He saw a pipe in the center counsel of the car. my son was in the back with another kid. They had the kids get out and they searched the car. They found shake on the floor in the back of the hatchback. They charged my son with possession of marijuana even tho they found nothing on him and it wasn't even his car. He claims he had no idea it was in there. is he guilty of this? It was a common area of the vehicle and they charged all four of the kids with possession. Does he have a case to fight this, or should i just opt for the 1st time offenders program? I would hate to see him blow his one get out of jail free card on this charge. Please any advice anyone can give or if you need more information please ask.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My 17 year son was in a friends car with 3 other kids. they were sitting at a park and a police officer came up. He saw a pipe in the center counsel of the car. my son was in the back with another kid. They had the kids get out and they searched the car. They found shake on the floor in the back of the hatchback. They charged my son with possession of marijuana even tho they found nothing on him and it wasn't even his car. He claims he had no idea it was in there. is he guilty of this? It was a common area of the vehicle and they charged all four of the kids with possession. Does he have a case to fight this, or should i just opt for the 1st time offenders program? I would hate to see him blow his one get out of jail free card on this charge. Please any advice anyone can give or if you need more information please ask.
So basically you are more concerned with your son getting a get-outta-jail-free card than with him using an illegal substance. Have you had your son tested for using THC?

briguy2112

We have put him into private counseling and Yes I went and had him tested he did test positive for marijuana but nothing else(thank god). But I need legal advice and what we are doing to correct the problem is irrelevant. We are working as a family to get this nonsense stopped, I don't want this following him around for the next 2 years. any legal advice would be helpful. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">