• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuana laws in Washington

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

just4fn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State

My understanding is you can now smoke marijuana only in the comfort of your home. You can not grow it, buy it or sell it. Wow. If some fell out of the air and into my car in the glove box, 1oz, could I be arrested or is it now legal to be able to carry it?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State

My understanding is you can now smoke marijuana only in the comfort of your home. You can not grow it, buy it or sell it. Wow. If some fell out of the air and into my car in the glove box, 1oz, could I be arrested or is it now legal to be able to carry it?
What a silly hypothetical situation you've presented. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you present that version of events when/if you ever get arrested for this particular offense. :rolleyes:

just4fn

Hypothetical only because it had to get there somehow and everything else is illegal. I did Google it and it is legal to have 1oz or less on person. Thanks. Just an interesting law. Other states will follow.

There was a law/act challenged in the late 60s that you had to buy the weed take it to some sort of county administrator and buy a tax stamp. Then you were in legal possession. Unfortunately there were no tax stamps and if you tried to buy one you'd be arrested for possession. The law/act was on the books for decades.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">