• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuana possesion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

the1388

Lansing, michigan

I'm 19 years old, i have no criminal record.

i was pulled over last night because the cops ran my license plate and two Drivers license suspensions showed up( those suspensions was an error by secretary state, (i had the papers proving those suspensions were removed)

i was very tired, the cops asked me for license and registration, he noticed that i slurred my words a little bit, he asked me if i was drinking and i said no, he pulled me out (searched me for weapons) he seen i had rifle bullets in my glove box))he pulled me out and had me first do a sobriety tests, i did not so good on the tests(i was really tired),

so he breathalyzed me, i blew a 0.000, and then he asked to search the car, i told him i don't consent to a search (because i knew i had weed inside the car in a glove box and a pipe), then he asked to only search the trunk,

so i gave in to that, they only found a broken peace of a glass pipe with marijuana resin in it, and they told me it was probable cause to search the whole car, so they did, they found 1 gram of weed i had and a metal pipe,

they put it all in a bag and showed it to me, and had me sit on the hood of the cop car, they asked me if i wanted to go to jail over a dime bag in a loud voice, i said no, the cop asked me on what they should do with the weed they found and the glass pipe, i just told them to destroy it,

they told me they are giving me a break that they don't do to anybody else, they told me to drive to the nearest gas station to park my car(the cop followed), i parked my car in the parking lot, they told me to call somebody to give me a ride home, the cop didn't feel i was safe driving home because i was very tired, so i had to call my mom to pick me up.

i did not receive any tickets whatsoever.

my question is:

could they end up sending the ticket in the mail for the marijuana and the pipe?

or did they really let me off?

bozo1

No man, you're fine. If they didn't issue anything at the time of the stop, you won't be getting anything in the mail.

Indiana Filer

No man, you're fine. If they didn't issue anything at the time of the stop, you won't be getting anything in the mail.
You sure about that, Bozo? The statute of limitations for charging someone with a misdemeanor is longer than 24 hours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">