• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana possesion charge help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gunfella2000

Va. Norfolk
Greetings.
I am a minor, of 16 years of age, and I was arrested for possesion of a 4.3 gram bag of marijuana and a pair of really crappy hand scales. I was processed, taken downtown, released to parents, etc. This occurred on February 7, 2008. As of right now, I have not yet received any papers in the mail regarding any charges. I understand that they have up to a year to charge me, but our system is very overcrowded, there is a huge backlog of cases, and by the police officers own words they have more important cases to process first.

Now guys, I am wondering, what is the likelyhood that I will get charged? I know that it's impossible to know for sure, and they have a year to do so, but I have not been charged yet. Educated guesses as to wether or not I have this hovering over my head. Take into account the relatively SMALL amount of weed found.

The Occultist

You're asking us to predict the future. That is something we cannot do. I will tell you, however, that they will have a least a year to file charges; backlog or not, I'm sure they'll get to you eventually.

FlyingRon

The scales don't bode well. Despite the small amount of actual drug in play, it's not too hard to argue that you were distributing and just were a little low on inventory.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">