• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana possesion charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CWilson11

I live in Texas and last night I got pulled over with less than a quarter of marijuana on me.
I wasn't speeding and the cop had NO reason to pull me over (I wasn't smoking at the time, hadn't smoked in my truck at all that day, wasn't speeding, ect.)
He searched my car and found it in one of my jacket pockets. I spent more than 5 hours in jail last night.
Aren't there loop holes to this?
I didn't consent to let him search my car, he didn't have any reason to suspect that I had any drugs on me, and he didn't have a warrent.
Please Please help. I don't want this to be on my record. Does anyone have any advice?

Some Random Guy

If you want to fight this, get a lawyer and have them review the police report. In that report you will see the officer list the reason for the initial stop and their justification for the search. Then you can determine how you will prove to a judge that the policeman's version of events is incorrect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">