• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuana possesion/paraphenallia charge.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dopeberry

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Ohio

Hello, yesterday I was charged with possession of marijuana an possession of paraphernalia(I'am 17 almost to be 18 in march). I was driving home from my girlfriends house which is across town. I completely stopped an got out of my car at my own house. A police officer pulled past me an then started to back up an pulled behind my car. Then another police officer pulled to the other side of the road. They begin to ask me questions about why i was coming from a specific place known to have a lot of drugs pass through(mainly MJ). I answered them by saying i was coming from my girlfriends house which is the street right next to the one they had mentioned. They then asked if they could search me, i said i would have to have my dad say it was ok, but he was already home and in the house so i knew he would have said it would have been okay. So they found a few roaches and some cigarettes on me, then they asked if they could search the car i said go ahead an they found another container housing a roach. They then went up to my house and talked to my dad, and one of the officers was giving me a dui or dwi whatever its called test with my eyes. An i passed it completely, they then proceeded to search my room but asked me before hand if i had anything in there to hide. I didn't so i said no i don't and he didn't find anything so he said he was thankful for me being honest. I' am just wondering what all this would end up to being in court. This is my first offense for this kind of stuff(a year earlier i was caught with a O, but it was my dad who turned it in so he didn't press charges and i never had to go to court). And since I will be turning 18 in 2 months could i get conviceted as a adult? I would much rather take that and have a fine than having to be put on probation and have to go to jail/ having piss tests.

Thanks for all your help,
DB

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Didn't you already post once and want to be charged as an adult? It is not going to happen. You are a juvenile. You are a child. You don't even understand the benefits of being charged as a juvenile.

dopeberry

Didn't you already post once and want to be charged as an adult? It is not going to happen. You are a juvenile. You are a child. You don't even understand the benefits of being charged as a juvenile.
No, I did not post this before, this is my first time on this site... And what benefits are there to have as a child if you get put on probation an have to take a piss test every week, and possibly get sent to jail? When if your a adult you just gotta spend some money to pay the fine? I' am just trying to ask if i could be charged as a adult since I' am so close to being 18.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No, I did not post this before, this is my first time on this site... And what benefits are there to have as a child if you get put on probation an have to take a piss test every week, and possibly get sent to jail? When if your a adult you just gotta spend some money to pay the fine? I' am just trying to ask if i could be charged as a adult since I' am so close to being 18.
If you are an adult it remains on your record. Your juvenile record can be sealed and forgotten. Not the adult record. Also the adult record carries quite frankly more long term consequences. You expecting to go to college? Get federal aid at any point in life?

dopeberry

If you are an adult it remains on your record. Your juvenile record can be sealed and forgotten. Not the adult record. Also the adult record carries quite frankly more long term consequences. You expecting to go to college? Get federal aid at any point in life?
Oh i see, well i don't really care if it goes on my record cause I' am not planning on going to college. And federal aid? does that include like welfare and food stamps?

FlyingRon

Oh i see, well i don't really care if it goes on my record cause I' am not planning on going to college. And federal aid? does that include like welfare and food stamps?
Getting a JOB these days with a criminal history of drug charges is going to be increasingly difficult. Hard a week goes by here without someone asking if it was possible to erase his criminal record because it is coming back to haunt him.

dopeberry

Getting a JOB these days with a criminal history of drug charges is going to be increasingly difficult. Hard a week goes by here without someone asking if it was possible to erase his criminal record because it is coming back to haunt him.
Well, I do plan on getting a job at some point... but maybe not in the U.S. does criminal records transfer over to different countries? For instance, lets say if i was to move to Canada or some other country.

FlyingRon

Well, I do plan on getting a job at some point... but maybe not in the U.S. does criminal records transfer over to different countries? For instance, lets say if i was to move to Canada or some other country.
These days they won't even let you in to Canada with a criminal record.
Aren't computers wonderful?

dave33

Listen, what is important to you now will change. Try with all your effort to keep this off your record. Keeping this off your record could only play a positive role in your future. I guarantee if you give up the option to have this expunged you will regret it. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">