• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isayso316

I live in Arkansas and I was with a buddy and his girlfriend the other day. I was standing outside of his car with a tobacco filled blunt in my hand, a police officer stopped, immediately told him to get out of the car and told us to both put our hands on the car, so we did. he searched us and asked my friend if he had any drugs in the car. I know that he cannot search the car without seeing something he can seize in it but after threatening to bring drug dogs my buddy handed him a blunt wrap and a grinder with a small amount of weed. The cop then searched the car and found one bag of weed in his girlfriends purse and one bag of weed in his car. They charged him with possession of both bags and charged her with one possession. My questions are, can they both legally be charged with possession of the same bag of weed, even after he insisted it was his? Also, can the police officer legally search our pockets, with NO probable cause? After he handed the grinder over, I believe that gives them permission to search his car without a warrant, but there was VERY little weed in the grinder, is there a legal amount for him to have in it without giving the officers cause to search the vehicle?

isayso316

whoa

hold on now, he got six charges. He is getting fined for BOTH bags. Both are paying $1100 for the exact same bag of weed. Also, there is such thing as a tobacco filled blunt, it is what a blunt is, a cigar consists of tobacco wrapped in tobacco, legally purchased at a gas station, and I know several people who smoke them without weed including my dad. Maybe I should have simply said CIGAR instead of blunt, because I had a CIGAR in my hand. Are you telling me that possession of a CIGAR is ALWAYS involved with weed? A "super-joint"? haha, good stuff. In some states it IS legal to have under a few grams of marijuana. I just need to know if they can both legally be charged with the possession of that same bag that was in her purse, not your personal ignorant opinion about what thugs do and what cops think. I'm a college student majoring in economics with international trade emphasis, not some punk kid "thug wannabe" who's buddy got busted. Come on now.

Last edited:

isayso316

This just happened yesterday. He was charged for the grinder and everything as there were six charges. One of his charges was possession of the bag in her purse, which is also what she got charged for. This is a matter of a thousand dollars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">