• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuana possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abenn291

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I am 18 and I got busted with simple possession of marijuana around two in the morning last friday night. I am currently doing an aep program for a Minor in possesion alcohol that i received in august. I have only just started this program which will take me two months to finish. Can i do pti program to expunge my possesion of Marijuana charge while completing my aep program? Will i get kicked out of my aep program for the Marijuana charge? What should i tell the Judge on my court date which is the 4th of December

Will i get kicked out of my aep program for the Marijuana charge?
Yup. One of the conditions of successful completion of AEP is that you have no criminal violations while enrolled in the AEP.

There is a detailed pamphlet from the ninth judicial circuit of South Carolina here:

http://www.scsolicitor9.org/docs/files/AEP -brochure Chas BK.pdf

Money quote:

If you fail to live up to your agreement with the Program, or if the Solicitor discovers that you have been charged with another offense, you will be terminated from the program. Upon termination, your case will be returned to court for prosecution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">