• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuana possession 95 grams

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TamiJ

What is the name of your state? MN

Hi, does anyone know what might happen to my little brother? He was busted with 95 grams of marijuana.
Its his first offense, he has a totally clean record.
All they have said to him is its a 5th degree crime with up to 5 years prison possible.

Whats *likely * to happen?

Oh and he is 24.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TamiJ said:

Hi, does anyone know what might happen to my little brother? He was busted with 95 grams of marijuana.
All they have said to him is its a 5th degree crime with up to 5 years prison possible.

Oh and he is 24.

My response:

No, this was his first time being "caught". But he's been doing this crap for a very long time. Looks like the streets just became a little better.

So, you want to know what will happen? He'll get "up to 5 years prison".

IAAL

T

TamiJ

Is there a purpose for you on this board?
Your one of those big fat hairy men who are housebound arent you. Run along now and feed your cat or something else equally as useful.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TamiJ said:
Is there a purpose for you on this board?
Your one of those big fat hairy men who are housebound arent you. Run along now and feed your cat or something else equally as useful.

My response:

How did you know? I thought I kept that a secret!

No matter, your brother is still going to the slammer for a very, very long time - - despite what you believe about me. You see, what you believe about me isn't going to make your brother's situation any better.

But, our streets got better!

IAAL

P.S. By the way, I might ask the same question of you and your brother - - "Is there a purpose for you?" Scratch one druggie! One more for the good guys!

Last edited:
S

San-Fran-Chick

TamiJ said:

Oh and he is 24.
You did not state the State, but honestly that does not matter. First offense, 13th offense, your "Little" brother is an adult who got busted with 90'something grams.

There are alot of things that could happen, every judge is different, although they have laws to follow.

If he is lucky, it may include some jail time and fee's, but the best answer you can get for your little "Bro", is to let this be a learning experience without you enabling him.

Sis? He has a record now, try not to focus on his court issues but to get him clean and away from the situation that makes him deal.

T

TamiJ

If he is lucky, it may include some jail time and fee's, but the best answer you can get for your little "Bro", is to let this be a learning experience without you enabling him.

Sis? He has a record now, try not to focus on his court issues but to get him clean and away from the situation that makes him deal.>>>>

Why do you assume things about the situation?
I have never enabled him ever. Im a mother with 6 kids , I certainly dont need someone else to take care of in any way.

He doesnt need an enabler, hes a grown adult.Has his own house, job and life.
Hes never so much as borrowed a dollar from me or anyone else or had any need for any one to take care of him or get him out of anything.
Hes never been in any kind of trouble before.

And he doesnt deal, all that was for personal use :eek:
He told me he bought it for $200 from a friend who needed money, or he never would have bought so much, but figured why not if the price was right.

And sure, I'd agree, he needs to learn his lesson, I didnt say otherwise. I was simply coming here to ask what might happen to him.

S

San-Fran-Chick

TamiJ said:

Sis? He has a record now, try not to focus on his court issues but to get him clean and away from the situation that makes him deal.>>>>

Why do you assume things about the situation?
I have never enabled him ever. Im a mother with 6 kids , I certainly dont need someone else to take care of in any way.

He doesnt need an enabler, hes a grown adult.Has his own house, job and life.
Hes never so much as borrowed a dollar from me or anyone else or had any need for any one to take care of him or get him out of anything.
Hes never been in any kind of trouble before.

And he doesnt deal, all that was for personal use :eek:
He told me he bought it for $200 from a friend who needed money, or he never would have bought so much, but figured why not if the price was right.

And sure, I'd agree, he needs to learn his lesson, I didnt say otherwise. I was simply coming here to ask what might happen to him.

I'm sorry, was I assuming? Look, no one is assuming anything. So now you give the info that your brother had 90 something grams for his own personal use?

Look Lady, "The Price is Right, ok?"

No one can tell you what is going to happen to your brother on a web site. Free legal ADVICE is where you are. Hire an attorney, let that be your guidence ok?

Last edited:
T

TamiJ

who got busted with 90'something grams.
>>>

that your brother had 90 something grams>>>

Can we say ninty FIVE??? come on now .. say it with me.... niiiintyyy *fiiiive*.

<<<No one can tell you what is going to happen to your brother on a web site. Free legal ADVICE is where you are. Hire an attorney, let that be your guidence ok?>>>>

There you go again, assuming.
I didnt think for a second that someone might say " this is EXACTLY what might happen to your brother"

I came here for the advice you just pointed out that was avaliable.
Asking specificly, whats "likely" to happen. As in- what averagely might happen. What are some cases nice fine people like you have heard of, and the sentencing.

He already knows, as I pointed out that the maximum sentence is 5 years.Which is quite unlikely for a first time offense.

Thanks so much for your friendly advice :D
I'll suggest he gets a lawyer, doh! He hadnt thought of that Jethro.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

San-Fran-Chick

niiiintyyy *fiiiive(QUOTE)

No, say it with me, it is spelled "Ninety Five".

I'm curious, do you get spoon fed often? Sorry, I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">